Beep Sound from Infotainment System on most Gen 7 Mazda Connects using NNG Navigation

:
ASH8
There appears to be some Mazda owners with Mazda Connect with NNG SD Card for Navigation hearing a Beeping or a sound every few minutes through systems speakers.

Defective Sound Applies to CX-5, CX-9, CX-30, Mazda3 (BP), MX-30, CX-50, not certain about new Euro CX-60 with Gen7 Mazda Connect II ONLY !!.

Again AFAIK this intermittent Beep noise issue also apples to other Mazda/NNG Markets in EU/UK/AU/NZ/ZA and Asia, South America, etc.

NNG, Mazda Japan, and MNAO in North America are aware of this issue and a countermeasure is in the pipeline to resolve this noise.

It is an issue with NNG SD Card and its Software, but also Connect II Firmware update will also be needed for the cars Mazda Connect II infotainment.

As this fix requires regulatory approval with many checks and balances it seems that the earliest updated release will be around summer time in North America.

Obviously IF your are NOT hearing any unusual intermittent Beep noise then you should not be concerned, also obviously AFAIK you will see a Firmware update during the life of your car about every 12 months and NNG Map updates via Mazda (NNG)Toolbox App.

I stress your Mazda will not fall apart and everything Navigation related will still work as intended.

As far as rest of the world as soon as Dealers hear anything I or others will let you know.

I suggest you do not flood your Dealer about this new news as many may not have heard of it yet particularly if they have not seen other Mazda owners experiencing this cause.
Your Infotainment will still work as normal.

Back