Mazda5 BC Racing BR Type Coilovers - Review and Install

Oh noooooes came back here to check something and saw all the pics were gone. Is anyone still using this? Can probably upload somewhere (preferably here) to get everything working again, but it'll take some time...
It would be great if you could restore the pics...We could also add a link to this thread in our new Resources section.

Big time thread bump, but I'll be using this on my install in a few weeks when my BRs ship. Thanks for making this instructional post a decade ago!
You're very very welcome! I miss this car a lot. Except the never-functioning AC. My BCs made it onto the 3 hatch of one of my Boy Scouts, where they lived a year or two slammed down the ground before perishing in a flaming wreck... If I had unlimited garage space I'd have another 5 but converted to RWD with an LS1 up front. Total boss dad wagon.

Very useful indeed. Thanks again!

Attachments

• M5_BC_N23.jpg
    M5_BC_N23.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 60
Honestly, just installed them as they were set from factory. I counted shock body threads and they were set the same accordingly. I skipped the drilling of the front upper mount because I couldn't be bothered at midnight when it needed doing. I might try an acetylene torch in there. not sure yet, but the fronts will have to come out again for alignment. Its not terrible for now, and I want new tires for next year anyway. (The 205s are too small)

I will work on final tuning after the second pass and get some numbers.

Holy smokes the rear suspension is noisy. I'm thinking about sticking some vibration foam all up in there. Any other suggestions? I don't think mileage alone is going to solve this. The plastic perch rings are still intact.

My final ride height is 24.5" front and 25" rear measured from ground to fender lip on wheel centerline.

Last edited:
Holy smokes the rear suspension is noisy. I'm thinking about sticking some vibration foam all up in there. Any other suggestions? I don't think mileage alone is going to solve this. The plastic perch rings are still intact.

My final ride height is 24.5" front and 25" rear measured from ground to fender lip on wheel centerline.
Had some success putting a ring of adhesive vibration foam on the rear perch between the plastic ring and locking collar. Also put a ring on the bottom of the spring, so the plastic ring has foam on both sides. Now I just have some noise from the upper shock mount in the rear. Will add same foam there as well.

Back