Bad MAF Sensor?

:
2021 CX-5 GT-R
How can I tell if my MAF is really broken?

Mazda told me it's broken, but I'm not getting any CEL. They said the wires will just pull out, that's how they know it's broken. Can't that just be fixed?

I keep getting a bunch of "not readys" so they're unable to test my car for emissions. But I'm not getting any CELs. They checked everything out and don't know why it keeps saying not ready, so they said a good place to start in to replace the MAF sensor since it's "broken".

Have you tried pulling the plug out yourself? If the plug port on the MAF is indeed broken, then yes you'll need a new MAF to ensure the plug stays put. If thats the case then I would search the boards here for a used MAF. I might have one for sale here in the near future

Have you tried pulling the plug out yourself? If the plug port on the MAF is indeed broken, then yes you'll need a new MAF to ensure the plug stays put. If thats the case then I would search the boards here for a used MAF. I might have one for sale here in the near future

Just got my car back and am about to try the plug myself.

I ordered a MAF from Napa Auto Parts. It'll be about $215 or so after I give them the original part. What do you guys think of Napa?

Tape the plug in for now and watch for a used one. That is pure rape.

Back