Backup Camera Default

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I'm usually pretty good at searching for issues, but this forum does not seem as intuitive as others I'm used to. I apologize if this is a repeat. I also searched the manual, but no bueno.

There is one thing that bothers me with my 2019 CX-5. When I put it in reverse, I just see the rear of the vehicle and stationary grid-lines. I have to physically hit the small icon on the lower left of the screen to get to a 360 view, which then shows moving grid-lines. Is there a way to default it to the 360 view, or am I just out of luck?

In my limited use thus far, the rear view in reverse is the default unless you're close to objects in front or on the sides.
You can experiment with different settings when the 360 degree view is displayed; there's a "gear" icon that allows you to select from preset parameters.

Hope you find a choice that you prefer.
(I've not played with mine enough to determine what's "best" for me,)

Just playing in the driveway, in/out of the garage, etc, today trying to figure out how all the cameras work. I also think you cannot change the default because the default is determined by what the sensors *see*. If there is an object, you get the 360 view. If nothing there, it gives basic wide view. Then, like you know, you can press the red button to change.

I figured I*ll have to live with that in the real world for a bit and see what I think - maybe it*ll work?

I*d like to be able to modify the heads up screen info a bit.

Sometimes you can*t have it all.

The only other thing I would add is that, instead of hitting the gear icon on the screen, you can just click on the selector button on the center console to switch to 360 view. Still inadequate. I hope this can be fixed with a software upgrade by Mazda.

Back