AWR header

:
2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring
Just scored a new, yes new AWR header off ebay. Yipee!!(drinks)

Probably the last new one in the country. As soon as I get it, off it goes to JetHot.

Sorry, just had to gloat a little.

Damn. Now I need both hands to count the number of folks who have bought the 'last AWR header in the country' lol

Got it and it's already at JetHot. It may be a good design, but man, it has bad welds. I work in the cycling industry, so i'm used to welding where it's an artform. Oh well, can't wait to get it installed on the next warm day.

if you dont mind, may i ask at what price were you able to get the header for, and how much is jet hot charging you for the ceramic coating?

just thought i would ask because i recently scored a thunder header one here, had it ceramic coated "grey ice" color for $160 (3 year warranty). One of the guys from the shop helped me install it for free too.

real nice guy... since i had to get it coated twice, and installed twice. The color I chose cures after 3 heat cycles. But for some reason, the header "gassed out" around the welds, causing the ceramic coating to bubble and chip. Luckily I was covered under the warranty and they redid it for free.

I hope the same thing doesnt happen to you, but either way, having it coated is worth every penny, and hopefully the AWR header fits properly... seeing as how sometimes parts off ebay arent the greatest or what they say they are.

if you dont mind, may i ask at what price were you able to get the header for, and how much is jet hot charging you for the ceramic coating?

just thought i would ask because i recently scored a thunder header one here, had it ceramic coated "grey ice" color for $160 (3 year warranty). One of the guys from the shop helped me install it for free too.

real nice guy... since i had to get it coated twice, and installed twice. The color I chose cures after 3 heat cycles. But for some reason, the header "gassed out" around the welds, causing the ceramic coating to bubble and chip. Luckily I was covered under the warranty and they redid it for free.

I hope the same thing doesnt happen to you, but either way, having it coated is worth every penny, and hopefully the AWR header fits properly... seeing as how sometimes parts off ebay arent the greatest or what they say they are.

I hope it fits well also. I got it off ebay about two weeks ago, a shop had it laying around. I'll have to say the welds on it are really sloppy, I work in the cycling industry and am used to welding where it's an art form. I paid $320 for it and JetHot should be around $180 or so. Sterling Silver.

One more question for you guys. I have a RB cat back currently on my car with stock mani and mid pipe. Noise level is acceptable.

Is the AWR going to make it considerably louder? I also plan to get a SS high flow catted mid pipe. So any opinions would be appreciated. I'm really concerned about interior noise and drone.

You put a header and midpipe, it WILLL get LOUD!! I don't know about a drone, but, it will def. be louder!!

Tylor

Got it and it's already at JetHot. It may be a good design, but man, it has bad welds. I work in the cycling industry, so i'm used to welding where it's an artform. Oh well, can't wait to get it installed on the next warm day.

I hope it fits well also. I got it off ebay about two weeks ago, a shop had it laying around. I'll have to say the welds on it are really sloppy, I work in the cycling industry and am used to welding where it's an art form. I paid $320 for it and JetHot should be around $180 or so. Sterling Silver.

Dj vu

I guess you really do

j/k (lol2)

Isn't the AWR header stainless? If not then why not pay about $40 to get it powder coated instead of $180 for jet coated? Curious!

jet hot is a ceramic coating. Think of it as heat wrapping the entire inside and out of the header. Looks nice too ;)

Back