AWD Inventory

barryso

:
2006 Mazda 6
One of the oddities of the CX-5 car search is the lack of AWD inventory in my neck of the woods. Just about all of the CX-5's have AWD and finding one that's just FWD is difficult. The two local dealers list 80 CX-5's between them yet just 4 of them are front wheel drive.

We're in the southern part of New Jersey. Yes, many winters we see some snow but there are other winters when there isn't any at all. We just don't get conditions like Upstate New York around here where you'd really be able to justify buying the AWD. Sure, some folks live with steep gravel driveways and need AWD but there are maybe 2 people I know that fall into that category.

Is this a regional thing? Are you seeing mostly AWD models or do you have a mix when you go to the dealers?

(flash)
One of the oddities of the CX-5 car search is the lack of FWD inventory in my neck of the woods. Just about all of the CX-5's have AWD and finding one that's just FWD is difficult. The two local dealers list 80 CX-5's between them yet just 4 of them are front wheel drive.

One of the oddities of the CX-5 car search is the lack of AWD inventory in my neck of the woods. Just about all of the CX-5's have AWD and finding one that's just FWD is difficult. The two local dealers list 80 CX-5's between them yet just 4 of them are front wheel drive.

We're in the southern part of New Jersey. Yes, many winters we see some snow but there are other winters when there isn't any at all. We just don't get conditions like Upstate New York around here where you'd really be able to justify buying the AWD. Sure, some folks live with steep gravel driveways and need AWD but there are maybe 2 people I know that fall into that category.

Is this a regional thing? Are you seeing mostly AWD models or do you have a mix when you go to the dealers?

Its probably a regional thing. Here in Toronto, youll be hard pressed to find a RWD BMW anywhere they are so rare here and let me tell you, I had a blast with it in the snow last season.

Now if were talking about FWD vs AWD, id just go with AWD.

I had the same problem when I was shopping for mine - FWDs were rare to find, especially when you also had to have a certain color. I finally caved in and went with the AWD. But the additional cost meant I had to forgo the extras (no tech package). But I must say I'm glad I did, it's a pleasure to drive in rain and snow.

No regrets.

Strange. Here in Charlotte almost all are fwd. when I bought mine in 2015 they had one, mine, AWD in inventory

It most definitely is a regional thing, 1 dealer here has 66 cx5s and only 1 AWD and its a touring trim, the other dealer has 85 cx5's 2 touring AWD and 2 GT AWD. The rest are all FWD. Tampa, FL

Actually, yes it does, I’ve seen up to 12 inches of snow in a single day, rare but it does snow here. Also we have horrible gawd a mighty thunderstorms so flooded roads making AWD a good thing.

Actually, yes it does, I’ve seen up to 12 inches of snow in a single day, rare but it does snow here. Also we have horrible gawd a mighty thunderstorms so flooded roads making AWD a good thing.

if there is 1 AWD car in the whole lot, clearly it's not that important where you live.

hell, i've been driving my RWD BMW year round for years without an issue. couldnt be more happier choosing to avoid xDrive on my BMW.

for a Mazda, I guess it makes sense to get AWD for the most part.

Back