AutoEXE bars installed

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Just wanted to share pictures of my new (used) AutoEXE front strut and rear crossbrace bars installed. I needed something for me after all the preps I have been doing lately getting ready for my upcoming wedding.

Attachments

• DSC01063.jpg
    DSC01063.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC01064.jpg
    DSC01064.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 249
Thanks Steve. I really need to stop spending money on this one, and get to restoring my RX-7. Only thing is, that is going to take some cash and I keep coming across these good deals. As of now I am pretty much done with the Speed (would like to get an AP) so can start stocking up cash for the RX.

Thanks Steve. I really need to stop spending money on this one, and get to restoring my RX-7. Only thing is, that is going to take some cash and I keep coming across these good deals. As of now I am pretty much done with the Speed (would like to get an AP) so can start stocking up cash for the RX.

The AP is nice. Now I'm switching to suspension and I'm about done with mine too. A few things here and there and it'll be all set. What year is the RX?

1981 GS. Owned since new, I have big plans for her. Widebody kit (one I want is no longer made so I will have to modify a Mariah one), TII engine, GSL-SE suspension with 5-lug conversion. I have quite a few parts for now to keep me occupied once I get the body work done (usual rust for those cars). Just have to find a good shop in my area that can do metal replacement. I would try it myself but I don't have much time at home with my job so that cuts into my available time. I do want to be able to enjoy her before I get to the age where I am taking out people at the buffet!

Just installed them last night. Haven't driven it yet today but I will be out later. I'll post up what I notice.

cant wait to install the corksport brace and if you give a good reveiw im gonna pick up the rear cross from autoexe

cant wait to install the corksport brace and if you give a good reveiw im gonna pick up the rear cross from autoexe

i have the corksport strut tower brace installed, car feels more solid around corners...cant wait to hear what this guy says about the rear brace.

what exactly do these mods help with?

handling, body roll, turn in, recovery, launches, slalom, braking stops, although the front of our cars are pretty solid already (increased suspension rigidity and connections with the chassis, a strut bar is not totally necissary, however both the strut brace and the rear brace together connect both sides of the car allowing the wheels to make better and quicker responses side to side, if you can take a right angle turn at 40mph, you can now do it at 50mph with both braces thats what happened in my 240sx.

Last edited:
Basically another set of connecting points to stiffen the chassis up. These two braces tie the upper portion of the suspension together which should help with controlling high speed turns and lateral acceleration.

Okay, lots of rain here today while I was out so I couldn't really push things. SOTP, the car feels stiffer overall. Could just be my imagination, I don't think so but without some empirical data I have no proof. I got a good deal and I am happy with how it feels. Plus, there is the JDM hotness effect!

Tomorrow is wedding day for me so if I do get the chance to toss her about, I won't be able to post about it. Monday maybe.

Last edited:
Oh, in case you haven't looked at the rear brace closely, it mounts between the two outboard mounting bolts for the rear seatback. Basically you lay down the seatbacks and it goes in front of the two diagonal sheet metal braces. I figured that out from the picture on Corksport's site. Probably not optimal placement (I think that would be connecting the tops of the two rear shocks) but it does help stiffen things.

just installed the corksport strut bar today all i can say is massive improvement over handling, ALL vibrations caused by the motor mount are GONE. twisties in the road are where you can feel it working to benefit the ride quality making it unoticeable where before my body would move i stay sitting confortably, at higher speeds right turns are outstanding, almost too sharp so that i wasnt expecting the turn in to be so damn quick! LOVE it. looks great, if you can even notice it.

Back