Auto lock issues (2019 Mazda3)...Help

I have a 2019 and I have twice had the car lock on me with my key fob sitting in the car and the car but running. I opened the passenger door and placed my bags (With the key fob inside) on the passenger seat. Close the door walk around to the driver’s side and it’s locked. Walk back to the passenger side and it’s locked as well along with every other door.

Anyone else have this problem?

I noticed that once in a while when my wife was waiting in the car while I used the ATM, I would leave the fob on the driver's seat, and when I came back the door was locked. It doesn't happen all the time but it's a good thing that someone was in the car.

Thus, the only time I leave the key fob in the car is when someone is in it.

I have a 2019 and I have twice had the car lock on me with my key fob sitting in the car and the car but running. I opened the passenger door and placed my bags (With the key fob inside) on the passenger seat. Close the door walk around to the driver’s side and it’s locked. Walk back to the passenger side and it’s locked as well along with every other door.

Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, my wife has reported this same problem on multiple occasions. She's taken videos and taken it into the dealer twice but no one can repeat the problem enough to diagnose... 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring...

I wonder if there is a setting that can change when the doors lock after the car is started. Our Lexus locks the doors at about 10 MPH, and I believe that is customizable.

Mine wouldn’t let me lock the car with a key inside. And if I kept trying to lock it it would angrily beep at me lol. Further attempts got a horn honk. I’d ask Mazda if there’s a setting that needs to be changed or if the system is working right. Also learned you can’t lock the doors if you leave a door open (was tired, forgot I had my rear right door open) again you get the angry beep, then the angry horn lol. Feisty.

Back