Anyone with similar problem found a solution?

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
I have a covercraft sunshade and when I put it in my car, this happens at the end of the work day. It usually has to be cold outside. Does anyone have the same issue? Any recommendations how to prevent this? The condensation is on the inside.
I have to either wipe it or crank up the heat which takes several minutes.
B80RZDa.jpg

The Covercraft is a high quality sunshade with thick foam, what I think is happening is that during the day it absorbs heat from the sun and because of it's thick foam it stores the heat and when it gets cold outside, the temperature difference between the outside cold air and the heat from the foam condenses the air. I think to fix that you need to equalize the temperatures so that the moisture doesn't condense between your windshield and shade, to do that you can either leave the front windows slightly open or have the fresh air vent fully open if possible, I'm not sure, but I think most cars nowadays shut choose the outside drag air vent when the car shuts down. But that's my best guess to solve the confession issue. Or try Rainx on the windshield to prevent fogging.

yes, it happens to me and I don't have a covercraft or OEM padded, folding windshield cover. I just have the grey, 2-circle folding cover found in many stores.

The cover is causing an area on the windshield, similar to a terrarium. The cover is trapping moisture near the glass. When the moisture hits the glass (cooler) it forms condensation as the air/moisture has no place to go.

If you want to protect the dash but avoid the clouded windshield, just lay the cover flat on the dash and do not lift it up to the sun visors.

You could also have excess moisture in the car from rain/snow and that extra moisture in the car leading to this as well.

in a nutshell, perfectly "normal"

"The cover is trapping moisture near the glass."

Can you position the sun shade so there is some ventilation at top & bottom? This will let the moisture get out.

Strange. Never had that issue.

I only have it when there is a large disparity between daytime and nighttime temps during the winter and the shade visor is still in place. It does not happen in the summer as the glass never reaches the dew point.

Back