Anyone replaced their sunroof seal??

So it is time to get my sunroof seal replaced. I reluctantly took her to an automatic carwash, since it was too dang cold to wash by hand. Sure enough, the high pressure spray from above blasted right through the back of the sunroof and literally dumped water onto the sunshade. Fortunately, I was already prepared for this and mitigated the water right away to prevent any water damage to the sunshade.

I don't see any way around having to remove the sunroof glass to replace the seal, but I'm just wondering how difficult this is.
Can't be any harder than any brake job I've done.

Anyone replace theirs yet?

Damn! Water through the sunroof must suck. Was it a lot? I never replaced the seal on my old 6 wagon, and it never leaked after 10 years. Is it common for the CX-9 to need the seal replaced?

It dumped a good half gallon of water or so all along the rear edge...right when the high pressure nozzles went over that part....keep in mind at this car wash, the nozzles are not but a foot or so above the roof, so the pressure is way more than any rain storm that could come along while driving. This is only the third time I've ever taken her through an automatic carwash, I always wash her at home. The last time I went to the auto wash, it only sprayed a quick jet of water, maybe a tablespoon's worth. The seal is just shrinking. Common wear/tear. Although, I feel like since I wash it regularly, keep it garaged, and it only has 76k, its a little early for the seal to be withering away. No big deal, I'll just replace it but I wonder how hard it is.

Back