Anyone re-stencil the engine bay cover? My white lettering is almost entirely gone.

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
It is a minor area that most probably do not care about, but I like my car to look as new as possible. Has anyone done it and if so what did you use? First it would have to be heat resistant and I would think it would need to be a stencil stick of some sort since trying to take the cover off and spraying just doesn't seem feasible.

I've done it on my Mazdaspeed3 when I repainted the covers a graphite gray. I used a Sharpie Paint Pen (white) and it looks really great.. and holds up no problem to the heat.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

If the sharpie marker doesn't work, I wonder if you could use some heat-resistant paint from a spray can...? Spray it on a flat surface and then press the engine cover on to it so only the raised letters touch the wet paint.

Disclaimer: I'm have not tried this...just thinking out loud. But if you try it, I would recommend using some of that Blue Painters Masking tape to cover adjacent areas and the Mazda emblem.

Back