Anyone Cross Shop the Volvo XC40?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
As far as upscale, everyone mentions cross-shopping the RDX. Has anyone looked at a used XC40? A 2019 seems to run between $32,000 - $39,000 depending on the flavor. I'm guessing higher maint./repair cost when it's out of warranty. But I'm curious if anyone looked at/considered them?

My wife looked at one, and liked the more comprehensive driver's aids. But the Volvo dealer acted like they were doing us a favor to let us consider it - and my wife has her sights set on the VW ID Buzz van.

As far as upscale, everyone mentions cross-shopping the RDX. Has anyone looked at a used XC40? A 2019 seems to run between $32,000 - $39,000 depending on the flavor. I'm guessing higher maint./repair cost when it's out of warranty. But I'm curious if anyone looked at/considered them?
Late last fall I was either going to purchase a new Volvo XC40 or a CX-5 Signature. Ended up going with the CX-5 because of much lower cost of purchase and most likely maintenance.

My sister in law drove an XC90 and it was a nice car. The interior was really nice, the "Thor's Hammer" headlights are sick and it was surprisingly fast.

Can't say much about the CX-5 or XC40, because I've never sat in either one, but the Volvo I rode in was a nice car.

That said, I did like murkys wife and bought a VW. Mine is a Golf R and it was too good of a car to avoid. A new Mazdaspeed 3 would have been at the top of my list, but...yeah.

I drove the XC40 twice before buying a CX5 and might have gotten it if I had a closer local dealer. I liked the slightly more “butch” exterior styling and the almost Tesla-like interior. It was definitely more money but I would have gone for the 2-yr subscription ownership model as there is no way I’d own a late-model Euro car out of warranty. It’s a nice car.

- Mark

Late last fall I was either going to purchase a new Volvo XC40 or a CX-5 Signature. Ended up going with the CX-5 because of much lower cost of purchase and most likely maintenance.
I thought hard about an XC-60 last May. Not a fair comparison with a Sig, as the XC-40 would be. Loved the car, it had colors and packages I would have ordered, except for the lux package with massaging seats (more a question of cost than not liking it :) ). I had a great offer - $10k off $58k MSRP. In the end, concerns about reliability and maintenance costs caused me to pass.

I’m hoping the CX-50 is out in the next 18 months and that Mazda hits a homer with it. That would be my first choice, even at $43k. Other than that, the ID.4 sounds intriguing. Given past electrical system issues with many VW models, the wife says “a VW BEV, are you CRAZY?!?!” Also have some interest in a Santa Fe PHEV, due out late this year.

Every review I watched on the XC-40 noted it was not much of a driver's car. A very numb steering feel and an overly soft suspension were often mentioned. I'm guessing it can't match Mazda's legendary reliability and repairs will likely cost a bunch. That said, I did like its styling.

Back