Anyone change their own Turbo CX-5 transmission fluid?

I've changed the ATF in a normally aspirated CX-5, but the Turbo's parts make the dipstick less accessible.
-- and I'm not sure whether or not there will be other obstacles.
I know they say there's lifetime ATF fluid in there, but I want this car to last as long as possible.

Thanks in advance!

I've changed the ATF in a normally aspirated CX-5, but the Turbo's parts make the dipstick less accessible.
-- and I'm not sure whether or not there will be other obstacles.
I know they say there's lifetime ATF fluid in there, but I want this car to last as long as possible.

Thanks in advance!
its doable but more complicated on the Turbo. Gotta remove the air intake. The intercooler pipe is also in the way. Need a very long funnel too if doing it from the top. I think there was a thread here somewhere.

I have a 2021 Turbo and I added fluid, not replaced. Having said that, I did NOT need to remove any pipes or air intake or anything like that. Just get a few extensions joined together to take off the dipstick tube bolt, and shoved my hand in to get to the dipstick. I ended up with a few scratches, but that's it. I was able to buy a long hose and funnel and reached the dipstick / fill hole just fine.

Draining is the easy part. I will drain and refill the fluid in the summer, and don't expect to have any issues.

Back