Any paint/detail experts?

chief_wiggum

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3-2010 Mazda5 GT
As if the cicadas weren't bad enough earlier this year, one decided to stain/damage/fade the paint. I know, I should have cleaned it off earlier, but too little too late. My dealership said it's not covered by warranty since it's not a defect (I say if a bug can damage the paint, that sounds like a defect). I clayed it, but i don't know what else can be done...it looks like permanent damage to me, but not being an expert I though I'd check here and see if anyone had any ideas. It's hard to see in the picture, but it's in the upper right hand side, directly above the reflection of my MS3's license plate...it's a dead bug splatter shape fade in the paint.

img3500nx.jpg

That'll buff out...Maybe.

Bring it over and I'll try.

Love,
Jamie

Bugs, bird poop, etc. can all eat through clear coat and paint. It doesn't matter which car, you need to get that crap off immediately.

But if the damage is already done, nothing a bit of clay bar, polishing, and sealing/waxing can't help cure.

after multiple clay bar passes and a few coats of wax i can say that it's there for good; i guess call it a stain or discoloration - either way, it's not coming out.

I know this sounds crazy but scrape at it with a credit card and then clay bar the crap out of it. Buff and wax it after. I had the same issue and it took me a good hour of scraping to get it off bit it's gone now.

I know this sounds crazy but scrape at it with a credit card and then clay bar the crap out of it. Buff and wax it after. I had the same issue and it took me a good hour of scraping to get it off bit it's gone now.

it's worth a shot -- thanks!

Back