Anti-glare coating peeling off

:
‘17 CX9 & ‘19 3 GT
Just recently got a 2019 Mazda 3 and the infotainment screen’s anti-glare coating is starting to peel off with a portion on the top left corner appearing (see photos). Took it to dealer and said they’ll have to replace entire screen and make a claim to Mazda (under warranty of course). I compared it to other cars in their showroom and none had this issue nor can even see any anti-glare coating in a similar vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this in any 2019/2020 Mazda 3?

Attachments

• ED3EEEBB-3F29-49C3-9CC3-01396E1CF4DC.jpeg
    ED3EEEBB-3F29-49C3-9CC3-01396E1CF4DC.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 649
  • D7584F60-FB80-4ADA-96F0-D851BA0FDBEB.jpeg
    D7584F60-FB80-4ADA-96F0-D851BA0FDBEB.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 665
Are you sure that's not a peel-off protective sheet? I've never seen ant-glare coatings on eyeglasses, for example deaminate like that.

Are you sure that's not a peel-off protective sheet? I've never seen ant-glare coatings on eyeglasses, for example deaminate like that.
It’s not...the initial protective film was already removed by the dealer prior to delivery

@tekbis I wonder if this is the same issue I've been seeing posted in the CX-5 Forum. You might see related threads if you scroll down to the "Similar threads" section at the bottom of the page.

You can also use our search function to locate related threads.

@tekbis I wonder if this is the same issue I've been seeing posted in the CX-5 Forum. You might see related threads if you scroll down to the "Similar threads" section at the bottom of the page.

You can also use our search function to locate related threads.
Sounds like a similar issue if not the same but in my case I just got the vehicle from dealership less than 2 wks ago when the issue popped up (likely dealer didn’t notice it during delivery as it was already there). Therefore, they have to cover it in case Mazda doesn’t cover it under warranty but vehicle is new so either way it’ll be covered by them and not on my dime.

Just to close off this thread, my infotainment screen was replaced by my dealer last weekend under warranty that was approved by Mazda Cda. Now looks perfect and brand new!

Just recently got a 2019 Mazda 3 and the infotainment screen’s anti-glare coating is starting to peel off with a portion on the top left corner appearing (see photos). Took it to dealer and said they’ll have to replace entire screen and make a claim to Mazda (under warranty of course). I compared it to other cars in their showroom and none had this issue nor can even see any anti-glare coating in a similar vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this in any 2019/2020 Mazda 3?
I own 2017 CX-5 Grand touring and my infotainment looked awful. I didn't know what caused the imperfections on the screen but I found out the antiglare protection was fading and made the screen looked horrible. After spending so much time researching how to remove the coating. I found the solution and I was able to fix my screen in 5 minutes.
The solution to remove the anti-glare coating is the regular Lysol wipes. Just gently wipe the screen for about 5 minutes (circular motion) and clean and dry with a microfiber cloth, you'll be surprised! Mazda dealer coated me over $1000 to replace the screen, they called it damaged screen. Anyways, if you are worried about glare later, buy and install an anti-glare screen protector from Amazon for $12 but you don't really have to. I hope my experience helps the other Mazda owners.

I own 2017 CX-5 Grand touring and my infotainment looked awful. I didn't know what caused the imperfections on the screen but I found out the antiglare protection was fading and made the screen looked horrible. After spending so much time researching how to remove the coating. I found the solution and I was able to fix my screen in 5 minutes.
The solution to remove the anti-glare coating is the regular Lysol wipes. Just gently wipe the screen for about 5 minutes (circular motion) and clean and dry with a microfiber cloth, you'll be surprised! Mazda dealer coated me over $1000 to replace the screen, they called it damaged screen. Anyways, if you are worried about glare later, buy and install an anti-glare screen protector from Amazon for $12 but you don't really have to. I hope my experience helps the other Mazda owners.
I have a 2017 CX-9 and the screen is now covered for a total of 7yrs (4yrs extended) should the screen have that spider web cracking or anti glare peeling off...received the letter from Mazda about the extended warranty so not really worried about mine

Back