Another sad end to a Mazda5 GT

Dave88LX

I saw a couple of these threads near the top of the forum, figured I might as well add mine too. :( Car was a 2008 Mz5 Grand Touring, bought new off the lot for my wife when she was pregnant with our first kid. We are at three now. TBH, it was getting a bit cramped, but it was paid off! In the last year I have replaced the transmission ($3,500) and all rear suspension components, along with a Koni FSD kit ($1,200 total). I was this guy here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...t-follow-along-quot-Mazda5-Suspension-upgrade

Wife somehow lost control coming around a corner in a drizzle. She drives the same road every single day as do 1000s of other cars. I have no idea what might have happened. She said there was a dip in the road and it caused her to spin out across the oncoming lane and into an embankment...no idea. Good thing is that she is OK, no injuries, no airbag deployment, she'd already dropped the kids off to school, and the oncoming cars were far enough away to not hit her. Car is a "total loss".

Insurance is running comps against Sports and Sport tourings, 5-speeds etc. There's only two GTs within a 300 mile radius. I need to provide them all my receipts to get their value of the car increased, so this should be...fun.

hCWD0mY.jpg

MkHc7zh.jpg

bORBZvI.jpg

QQJ9v1G.jpg

dP9twHs.jpg

That's crazy they consider that a total loss. I just won a battle with the insurance company to not total my MSP. They wanted to total it because the total repair costs was $5400 and the car value was $5000.

A look at the estimate showed the part costs was $3400 of the total. They could only find the cooling fans at the dealer for $500 each. I provided the fans (costs me $160 for both) and a body shop that would do the repair work with my parts and at a limit right before total loss. In Florida, it's 80% of the value.

Originally the value was $4,400. Make sure to request the appraisal and justify a higher value. They usually will go slightly higher from their original offer if you give them enough push back. Be patient and hold your ground. Compromise at what you think it's fair.

Good luck.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Sorry to see is go.
Glad no one got hurt.
If you wanna keep the car shop around, if you wanna upgrade for more space, hope you get a good value for your ride.

So glad to hear that your wife came away unscathed and that the kiddos weren't in tow. Hope things go smoothly for you all with the insurance company.

Sorry for your loss, mine was just towed away yesterday. Hit while parked but solid hit. Due to my very low mileage (37k, 09 Touring) i managed to have it valued at $9988 so at least I got paid well for it. I'm going for a new Pilot though, time for an upgrade :)
1a972a29f1d76ca599514aeb37070c4b.jpg

Back