Another one bites the dust

inlinev

:
2016 CX-5 GT w/tech FWD
After going back on forth for the past few months, we finally traded in our CX-5 for a 2017 Explorer.

My wife became pregnant soon after we got the CX-5 and we thought nothing of it, but with how large these rear facing carseats are, we had to slide the front seat uncomfortably, and arguably too close to the dash. And I've come to realize how much room baby stuff takes up, now I see the merit in minivans!

Trading in the CX-5 was bittersweet, it was the car we drove back from the hospital with our plus one, we will miss it. Perhaps in another phase of our life we may reconsider it. With a 100lb retriever, a baby and the thought of growing our family, the CX-5 was just simply too small for our needs.

It has been about two weeks since we got the Explorer, and the most noticeable thing is how incredibly quiet it is. In fact, I never thought the CX-5 was that loud, but now my perception has changed.

Keep on motoring!

After going back on forth for the past few months, we finally traded in our CX-5 for a 2017 Explorer.

My wife became pregnant soon after we got the CX-5 and we thought nothing of it, but with how large these rear facing carseats are, we had to slide the front seat uncomfortably, and arguably too close to the dash. And I've come to realize how much room baby stuff takes up, now I see the merit in minivans!

Trading in the CX-5 was bittersweet, it was the car wle drove back from the hospital with our plus one, we will miss it. Perhaps in another phase of our life we may reconsider it. With a 100lb retriever, a baby and the thought of growing our family, the CX-5 was just simply too small for our needs.

It has been about two weeks since we got the Explorer, and the most noticeable thing is how incredibly quiet it is. In fact, I never thought the CX-5 was that loud, but now my perception has changed.

Keep on motoring!
Congrats on your new comer to your family! And a new Ford Explorer for bigger space is definitely needed. I personally would get a minivan if our family is in the situation like yours. Yeah, American cars have always been quieter and smoother than Japanese vehicles. But I was wondering whether or not you had looked into new Mazda CX-9? If you did, what made you decide to choose Explorer over CX-9?

BTW, every time I saw your name and I can't help thinking that you must had a VW vehicles with VR6 or VR5 and liked the unique design a lot! :) Please do visit us here often!

Congratulations on your new family member (and for the baby too :))
Just wondering if this is your first baby, which is what is sound like. How exciting.
I hope everyone is feeling well.

Thanks everyone. We did not consider the CX-9. It is slightly on the smaller end on interior volume, but most importantly, we did not want to get into a first year release of a heavily redesigned vehicle.

Careful with your new explorer. My friend has a 2016 and its a lot more delicate than he expected. He uses it to haul stuff back and forth from the bar and road trips to his other bar, but theres been a lot of wear and tear. The back of the 3rd row is bend slightly and the upholstry is worn pretty good too.

Careful with your new explorer. My friend has a 2016 and its a lot more delicate than he expected. He uses it to haul stuff back and forth from the bar and road trips to his other bar, but theres been a lot of wear and tear. The back of the 3rd row is bend slightly and the upholstry is worn pretty good too.
According to an article from the other thread, Mazda's upmarket move started with the 2016 Mazda CX-9. And this is a comment from a new 2nd-gen CX-9 owner. So much for the "upmarket move":

I've had mine for about 2,500 miles.

2) The padding on the driver's side door (elbow rest) is meh... there's already a spot where the padding is gone and my elbow fits there nicely. It's not uncomfortable, but it just feels cheaply made, like you couldn't add a few more mms of padding?

Back