Android Auto audio lost...Help

Hi, had a quick question. Yesterday I tried pairing Android Auto when I connected the phone to the USB port for charging. Thereafter audio went out on me. Even GPS audio was out and the entertainment audio. Unpaired the Android Auto , disabled Bluetooth and then enabled. Still audio not working, completely mute. Long drive(3h) today, need GPS audio. Appreciate any help. Thanks much.

Not a solution to your problem. But for your trip you can probably use bluetooth to get the gps audio. Connect your phone through Bluetooth instead of the usb and then select the Bluetooth source for audio.

That's how I'd set it up and been using for almost a year up until the day before yesterday. Right after I paired android auto, I lost GPS. Then I unpaired it, just left it on Bluetooth and the Audio is gone. I've lost audio on the phone and speaker. Last resort, I turned off Bluetooth and used phone GPS w phone audio and got thru the long haul drive yesterday. Audio has taken a shot in the vehicle. The car sound system has gone mute!

You are welcome. Pressing the volume button is the mute function, but it seems like a lot of people press it by mistake without knowing it.

Sound through Android auto probably works now as well.

Aha, I see. Learnt something new. About Android Auto, when enabled why does it shut off GPS from my phone which was working ok on Bluetooth. I get a message on my phone saying since Android Auto is enabled GPS is shut off. In that case can I enable GPS on the car display by choosing directions from the menu?

Yes. I don’t have an Android phone, but on Apple carplay that is how it works. GPS will switch from the phone to the screen.

Not sure what model year you have, but on 2016 to 2020 you have to switch from the mazda menu to the android auto menu on the car screen. Once there you can select your phone application (google map, wyze,etc). You will have the map on screen and the direction from the car speaker.

Oh wow, that's even better. My CX-9 is a 2022 model. Will try figuring it all out. I can't thank you enough for your guidance and patience. Thank you and great day!

Back