Airbag light code?

Ty07allstar

:
03 Protege ES
So my airbag light blinks randomly. Sometimes it will go a week and never blink but then it always starts sometime or another. Today I payed attention to it and the code was 2 long blinks followed by 6 short blinks. I'm not sure what this means and am hoping that somebody can tell me. Thanks

I dont' know about the flashes, but it's also wired into the front seatbelts. If you have disconnected any of that stuff (like I have), you would know that there is an electrical connection to each of the seatbelt "roller-uppers" located in between the front and rear doors. That could be a source of your problems.

I don't see anything in the airbag troubleshooting section of the manual that sounds like what you are seeing (Located here: SYMPTOM TROUBLESHOOTING 08-03)

The other airbag section is here, but I don't see anything regarding the light and flashing (Located here: AIR BAG SYSTEM 08-10)

I was just saying that my airbag light flashes like there is something wrong with the system and I know that sometimes they will flash a code that can help identify where exactly the problem is.

ive got the same thing going on in my car right now i think it might be the seatbelt clip (where the seat belt latches in) or the clockspring possibly

I'm pretty sure my issue is with the passenger seat because it started when I was cleaning my car and I moved the seat. Then it would go off but the next time I would move the seat it would start again.

i have the airbag icon flashing since i've swap my steering wheel and broke the clockring,which i replaced but don't know why it keeps flashing.
I has been flashing for almost 8 months now :-(.
If anybody knows what the code is :6 flashes then stop for 5 seconds then 6 flashes and so and so.
Any help or advice will greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back