Air Filter for CX-5 2.5T motor?

:
2021 CX-5 GTR
I am getting conflicting results on Amazon and wanted to ask here. What is the air filter needed for a CX-5 Turbo? I would assume it would be the same filter as the CX-9 right? I am only getting two results for a filter on Amazon - one being the OEM filter. I figured there would be many to choose from with the engine being in production for so long. What are other members using?

This is the one I used, it fits perfectly. Note that the non-turbo engine uses a different filter element.
Fram CA12167

PY8W-13-3A0

From the dealer. Made in Japan, so you know it's quality. For a 2021 CX-5 GT Turbo.

Attachments

• IMG_7476.JPG
    IMG_7476.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 85
PY8W-13-3A0

From the dealer. Made in Japan, so you know it's quality. For a 2021 CX-5 GT Turbo.
I had that number, but couldn't find alternatives. Typically buy aftermarket for air filters as the OEM is ridiculous in price. I can get the Fram listed above for half the price.

I had that number, but couldn't find alternatives. Typically buy aftermarket for air filters as the OEM is ridiculous in price. I can get the Fram listed above for half the price.

I don't know what you mean by "ridiculously priced" but $40 every 2 years is reasonable for a high quality air filter.

I have a 2019 CX 5 GT-Reserve with the 2.5 turbo. There is just one auto parts store (NAPA) in my small town. When I went there to buy a new air filter, the clerk looked it up and gave me a WIX filter but when I went to install it, it was the wrong size. I forget the number on the incorrect size that was recommended from their parts lookup. The correct WIX part # is WA9790. It appears to be excellent quality. That one is worth a look if you don't want to stick with the Mazda OEM air filter.

That is the same part number as the air filter for the CX-9 (bought the OEM one so I have a receipt of the part for warranty purposes). Maybe if you look up engine air filters for the 2016+ CX-9 you can find some aftermarket alternatives? The WIX one that @DwightFrye listed is one of the better options. I remember paying something like $41 CAD for the OEM filter, while the WIX one is listed at $33 locally.

I don't know what you mean by "ridiculously priced" but $40 every 2 years is reasonable for a high quality air filter.
To me 40 is pretty expensive when you can pay 20 or 25 aftermarket and see no difference in performance... Same goes for in cabin filters. I just bought a set of 3 carbon infused filters for $20. The OEM would cost that for a single filter.

Thanks everyone for the part numbers! The WIX filter suggested above can be purchased locally for 20 bucks.

This was back in 10/22, but I purchased a two-pack of STP SA12167 from Autozone online. I was also confused by/didn't trust what I was finding on Amazon at the time. $34.98 before sales tax. Somehow I got free shipping, and a $5 discount off the retail 39.98. Fit my 2020 Signature fine, and have a spare for next time. (Cabin filters I do use Amazon, 3-pack white FD811)

Back