Air Conditioning - No Air Flow after Prolonged High Speed Travel

:
Mazda2 Touring AT
My 2012 Mazda 2 A/C system stops blowing air out of the vents after prolonged high speed driving, such as 10+ miles on freeway. Blower fan is at max, and you can hear the blowing air behind the dash, but barely anything comes out of the vents. Acoustically, it sounds like there's a 'wall' or barrier sitting right in front of the blower fan, and the air is being blown directly into that 'wall' instead of freely flowing through the ducts to the air vents.

I removed the glove box and took this video of the 'sound':

The whole system functions normally on initial startup, and after the system is 'blocked', it will start working again once the car has been off for awhile, or it may or may not start working normally again once I exit the freeway and drive at sub-freeway speeds for a while.

I was thinking blocked cabin air filter, but that wouldn't explain the problem coming and going. I double checked, and it's clean.

The selection between outside airflow and recirculating airflow works, and changing this does not resolve the blockage or affect whether or not the blockage appears.

The selection between the different vents in the car (i.e., floor, front vents, defroster, etc.) also functions properly, and changing it does not resolve the blockage or affect whether or not the blockage appears.

Temperature control works fine and functions normally.

The strange thing to me is that the problem only happens after prolonged driving at freeway speeds.

Any ideas on what to check and how to fix? Could this be a blend actuator problem? Some kind of flap or door that is loose and somehow getting sealed up at high speeds and then slowly becoming unstuck afterwards? I'm getting ready to tear up the dash and poke around, but it would be nice to have some targets to check. Cheers.

Back