Aftermarket CX-5 Floor mats and seat cover options?

Has anyone bought front and rear floor mats and seat covers for '18 CX-5 Sport that actually fit and worked great other than Weathertech? I'd like to get Weathertech's but if there are alternatives for less $$$$ please advise. Thanks!

I have the same mats as @Conrad 16.5 in my MX-5 and love them. We had the OEM all weather mats in our 2020 CX-5 Sport. Fit was perfect (haha) and they worked well for my wife's daily suburban duties.

I live in the frozen north and need real "all-weathers." I had the dealer throw in Mazda's "all-weathers" as part of the purchase deal. They suck, they are just thick mats, no real sides on them. I didn't even bother installing them.

There were numerous suggestions on Reddit r/CX5. I ended up going with Maxpiders from Amazon. I need fronts only, they are a bit cheaper than WT and work/fit just as well. $93 for fronts only, it says fits only up to 2021 but others on Reddit said they will fit 22-23s and they fit my '23 just fine. No regrets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I also got a low-cost cargo all-weather mat from Amazon. Mine will not get nearly the use that front floor mats will so I was okay going cheap. It fits fine and again, no regrets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen....I revised the title to add that I'm also looking to get good quality covers for the seats...not worried about the cargo area since I lay down a movers blanket whenever I put my dogs back there....thanks again...greatly appreciated...

has anyone bought front & rear floor mats and seat covers for '18 CX-5 Sport that actually fit and worked great other than Weathertech?? I'd like to get Weathertech's but if there are alternatives for less $$$$ please advise. Thanks!
All weather floor and cargo mat recommendations

Don’t buy WeatherTech for CX-5 as it only covers a half of the dead pedal, not to mention it has poor protection around the gas pedal base.

The best floor liners for CX-5 is the Canadian only OEM Premium floor liners.

Last edited:
I have the Maxpiders floor mats. I highly recommend them.
+1 to the Honorable Zig. I had weathertechs in my 2014, and switched to maxpiders for my 2020 (for the front; I kept my weathertechs for use in the rear floor). maxpiders are IMO much better. (I also kept my OEM cargo mat for the 2020, but it doesn't fit perfectly)

The best floor liners for CX-5 is the Canadian only OEM Premium floor liners.
The OEM Mazda Canadian floor liners are actually made by Maxpiders I believe. They are just Mazda logo'd & look a little nicer in my opinion. I have them in my 2019 GTR.

Attachments

• Metal Pedal Covers.JPG
    Metal Pedal Covers.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 76
I have the Tuxmat floor mats for my 6. They’re holding up great, hold a lot of crap without spillover, and cover the dead pedal. Been pleased with them. They do make them for the CX-5 and have a cargo area mat as well. I can’t speak to the cost vs. Weathertech or others. Just another option for your research.

Back