6 CD changer

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Recently I bought a complete radio (with HVAC controls) w/6 CD changer off eBay. Received it today, long story short it didn't work. After several back and forth attempts to fix the problem I put the single player back in. Sat down for a bit and got to thinking, the changers are modular. I just happened to have a radio with 6 disc changer from an '02 MPV sitting around, so thought why not give it a go? Did so and I am happy to report it works! Same footprint as the one in the 8 so no issues. I inserted 6 discs and played them all, jumping around between tracks and everything worked fine.

So basically this gives us all a wider range of choices for a 6 disc changer. I would imagine the changers from other Mazda models would also work but I cannot say for certain. Best thing is you can usually find the changers for the MPVs cheaper than the ones for the 8. The only other thing needed (if you want) is the small faceplate piece that shows the 6 CD logo, there is a seller on eBay right now offering them for $20.

Latest posts

Back