5spd in a Minivan?

CRISPY5 said:
clip There was the first generation Honda Oddysey, and the trio of mini-minivans sold by Eagle, Mitsubishi, and Plymouth... What were they called?? Expo, Colt Vista, and I can't recall the other name.... clip

I know I'm way off, but remember the Plymouth Cricket?

Red Baron said:
I know I'm way off, but remember the Plymouth Cricket?
Eagle Sumit Wagon (5 pass)
Dodge/Plymouth Colt Wagon (5 pass)
Mitshubishi Expo LRV (5 pass)
Mitshubishi Expo (7 pass) (boom05)

My friend has a 5-speed SWB Caravan, circa 1994 or 1995. I've borrowed it, and it's surprisingly zippy, even with a 2.4l, but the shift linkage is atrociously vague.

There are several guys out on the "net" who have screaming Turbo Caravans that they drag race with. www.turbovan.net is a good starting place.

soulnette said:
Eagle Sumit Wagon (5 pass)
Dodge/Plymouth Colt Wagon (5 pass)
Mitshubishi Expo LRV (5 pass)
Mitshubishi Expo (7 pass) (boom05)

I had a Eagle Summit Wagon, 5 spd, AWD. It was fun to drive, didn't feel as large as a Mini Van, had a sliding rear door and the second row seat didn't just fold flat, but also fold towards the front driver seats to allow for more cargo room.

Pretzellogic said:
You all know that even if the 5 is offered with a standard outside the US, it won't be here.
N. American-spec Mazda5 will come with a 5-spd manual as standard equipment, 100% confirmed.

lasermp5 said:
the dodge caravans came with a 5 speed I believe... very very rare, but they were offered.

yea, it was offered in the FI version, too...one lady i worked with many years ago drove one. was pretty quick for a mini-van!

Back