3M Clear Bra

speed3 britz

:
07 Mazdaspeed3, 93 B2600i 4x4
Anyone have one of these installed on their MS3? I drive expressway everyday to and from work and I'm getting extremely frustrated and depressed every time I wash my car and find more and more rock chips across the front of my hood and bumper. So I'm going to be fixing all the chips with Dr. Color Chip Road Rash Kit and want to apply the 3M VentureShield clear film to prevent further chips. I will NOT put a vinyl bra on the front due to the hideous look and possible further damage and scratches from trapped dirt underneath. Any opinions and recommendations?

I've seen one on a Lotus Elise. From about 4-5 ft I though, woah, what's that crap all over the front, are those really scratches. 3ft and closer I realized that was the section changes on the clear bra. It was a 3M clear bra and it came in multiple pieces that all apply separately. If it's good enough for an Elise owner, I would suggest it

Do it. I've had one on since nearly nearly new (<1000mi), and 2.5 years and 70k miles later it's more than paid for itself.

Hood, fender, mirror and Bumper kit on you car should run about $700 installed.
Well worth the expense IMO, versus looking at your chipped and dinged up paint until you can afford a respray.
When they do the install ensure they wrap all the leading edges. I've seen some installs that only go up to the leading edge but not cover it, an that just defeats the whole point. And it should be replaced in about 5 years.

I have had several and have a great installer in the Cinci area. Very, very good and will give a good price too. IMO about $500 maybe $550 tops. He's done my past 7 cars and a dozen or more referrals. PM if you are interested. He will travel to Cbus, not sure about Toledo. Worth a call.

I have one on my car, I have the front, behind the rear wheels, and the mirrors covered. It was $650 for all of that installed. It was the very first thing I did when I purchased my car and am completely satisfied with it. I've had a couple rocks hit right on the edge of the bra and still chip the paint and 1 or 2 rocks that were really sharp and went all the way through the bra. I think it's definitely worth it.

My parents have it on 3 or their cars as well.

Yes I need to do something about it. My last job was only 10 mins away just down the road so I never really had an issue, was able to keep her looking good, however now cruising I-75 (which is horrible cause of Michigan's lack of maintenance) I'm getting rock chips from rocks kicked up by trucks in front of me and its seriously so irritating! Thanks for the input guys! pdqgp I actually live 40 mins north of Toledo, just work down here so I may need to find someone a little closer.

I used to drive 60 miles one way to work through downtown Cleveland in rush hour traffic so I know exactly how you feel.

Here's my friend in action. He does all custom cuts thus a far better fit than the pre cut kits. It's also less expensive as he buys the material in bulk.

Photo0498.jpg

Photo0499.jpg

Photo0500.jpg

Nice! All respect for him because this is an artwork in my opinion to wrap it and look perfect like it came that way. Ill definitely keep you in mind, maybe PM you for his number one day here when I get some money.

I have had it on my 07 speed3 since new, I had a bolt hit the hood and put a small dent in the hood but it didn't tear the clear bra. I didn't put one on my wifes CX-7 and its all chipped up after 35,000 miles. I would def. recomend it. btw I had a custom cut 3M bra installed not a precut.

I have the whole front end done on my MSP. It was a pre cut kit. depending on the color of your car they can almost not even be seen until you look for it.

Back