2nd Gen Mazda5 AsBuilt data questions

:
MZ5 -11
I'm trying to find more info what features, or possible options our cars have. Mainly what BCM can control (red square).

Could you give info about your cars AsBuilt and offcourse also what options you have, so we could compare and try to find differences what we have.
I have attached my AsBuilt. I have European -11 model, with xenons, rain-/light sensor, automatic headlight leveling, front- and rear foglights.
My model doesn't have any DRL's, but all the lights are on, when driving.

Attachments

• AsBuilt.png
    AsBuilt.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 119
I had nice freetime on weekend, so I played a little with Forscan and different VIN-infos, what I managed to find..

What I think, is BCM's first row (726-01-01) is attached to lights.
I have 2046 8000 0011, and trying to find different VIN's, my guess is that first two digits are everytime same 20, third digit might be market area, beacuse every US cars had 2, Europe cars had 4 and couple British had 1.
But changing that didn't make any difference, lights worked same, front fogs worked as before, come on when parking lights are on, doesn't shut when high beams are on.
Rear fog worked as before.

Fourth digit makes a difference, but I could notice only two different modes:
1. All the lights light up when switch is OFF or AUTO
2. Lights are off, when light switch is OFF. When switch is AUTO, the lights light up when dark.

btw..
Do you US guys have two filament bulb in front corner light? Or is just 21W bulb?

Let's continue talking by myself.. :giggle:

Apparently US-models have three wired corner light (#1157 bulb), so can't get ambers on while driving euro-model. Unless doing some mechanical wiring..

And US-models don't have any DRL's, if I have understood correct?
But what about Canadiens? They have legislated, that there should be some lights on while driving, so are their DRL's normal low beams, or high beam just lowered voltage?

America never had a 2011 model, that was a skipped year between the first gen and 2nd.
On my 2012, no DRL's, and yes, we have 1157's for our front turn signals.
Don't know anything about the Canadian models.

America never had a 2011 model, that was a skipped year between the first gen and 2nd.
On my 2012, no DRL's, and yes, we have 1157's for our front turn signals.
Don't know anything about the Canadian models.
I think I made the title too specific 🤦‍♂️ shoud had left the yearmodel away...

But thanks for confirming about the bulb in your corners.
Now I just hope some canadien could chime in about their DRL's.

I'm trying to find more info what features, or possible options our cars have. Mainly what BCM can control (red square).

Could you give info about your cars AsBuilt and offcourse also what options you have, so we could compare and try to find differences what we have.
I have attached my AsBuilt. I have European -11 model, with xenons, rain-/light sensor, automatic headlight leveling, front- and rear foglights.
My model doesn't have any DRL's, but all the lights are on, when driving.
I think you are the only person (on this form) who's actually used FORScan on Mazda 5/Premacy. I can't help much but like to ask if you can find settings/commands for these:
-run command to cycle ABS pump
-turn on low windshield washer fluid indicator light
-get actual transmission fluid temp via TCM (not coolant reading)

I think you are the only person (on this form) who's actually used FORScan on Mazda 5/Premacy. I can't help much but like to ask if you can find settings/commands for these:
-run command to cycle ABS pump
-turn on low windshield washer fluid indicator light
-get actual transmission fluid temp via TCM (not coolant reading)
I also feel like that I'm the only one trying to play with FORScan :ROFLMAO:

I think there were service mode for ABS-pump, but can't remember it right now.
I can check it on a weekend.

Washer low level indicator light, I can't find it. It would need more people to take part in these and then it would be possible to compare different numbers/options.

I have manual, so trans fluid temp I can't find.

I had the time to check! :D

In Service functions, there isn't sevicemode for ABS-pump, only different ABS calibrations and module reset -functions.

But, in PID's functions you can control ABS-pump ja valves, so I guess you could bleed the system with this.

But I have 2gen and don't you have 1st gen? I'm pretty sure they are way different.

Attachments

• Tests.PNG
    Tests.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 119
  • ABSvalves.PNG
    ABSvalves.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 105
Thanks, this is great! This post will be immensely helpful to those with ABS issues (soft/spongey initial pedal feel), and I put refence back to this post. I suspect the menu option should be the same for both gens but someone else will have to confirm.

A few more fun things to change default:
-Can you find the setting to turn OFF the seatbelt reminder ding? I know the dealer can do it so I'm pretty sure there's an option somewhere. A screen shot of the setting for future reference would be great.
-Does it have option to turn on intelligent 3 blink turn signal (one soft tap = 3 blinks for lane passing)?

Thanks, this is great! This post will be immensely helpful to those with ABS issues (soft/spongey initial pedal feel), and I put refence back to this post. I suspect the menu option should be the same for both gens but someone else will have to confirm.

A few more fun things to change default:
-Can you find the setting to turn OFF the seatbelt reminder ding? I know the dealer can do it so I'm pretty sure there's an option somewhere. A screen shot of the setting for future reference would be great.
-Does it have option to turn on intelligent 3 blink turn signal (one soft tap = 3 blinks for lane passing)?

Yes, for seatbelt reminder, passenger and driver.
I've attached pics of IC and BCM options what I have available.

And no for the 3 blink turn signal. It can be done mechanically, not by changing codes..
Mazda has it's own original retrofit kit for it: C830-V7-160B

Attachments

• fors3.PNG
    fors3.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 91
  • forsIC1.PNG
    forsIC1.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 98
Yes, for seatbelt reminder, passenger and driver.
I've attached pics of IC and BCM options what I have available.

And no for the 3 blink turn signal. It can be done mechanically, not by changing codes..
Mazda has it's own original retrofit kit for it: C830-V7-160B
Thanks for posting. I am aware of the retrofit kit, was hoping there might be a software option that may also enable it.

Another one came to mind (don't need to research it but appreciate it if you do).
Are there any settings for 1 or 2 touch power window control for different windows?

Thanks for posting. I am aware of the retrofit kit, was hoping there might be a software option that may also enable it.

Another one came to mind (don't need to research it but appreciate it if you do).
Are there any settings for 1 or 2 touch power window control for different windows?
Nothing to windows..
When I had 1st gen, it had all the windows with auto-function. But I think it's built in the window switch.. But that's just my guess.

We should get more people than just me to compare different AsBuilt numbers and options, then there might be little bit light in the tunnel to find new stuff.

I had nice freetime on weekend, so I played a little with Forscan and different VIN-infos, what I managed to find..

What I think, is BCM's first row (726-01-01) is attached to lights.
I have 2046 8000 0011, and trying to find different VIN's, my guess is that first two digits are everytime same 20, third digit might be market area, beacuse every US cars had 2, Europe cars had 4 and couple British had 1.
But changing that didn't make any difference, lights worked same, front fogs worked as before, come on when parking lights are on, doesn't shut when high beams are on.
Rear fog worked as before.

Fourth digit makes a difference, but I could notice only two different modes:
1. All the lights light up when switch is OFF or AUTO
2. Lights are off, when light switch is OFF. When switch is AUTO, the lights light up when dark.

btw..
Do you US guys have two filament bulb in front corner light? Or is just 21W bulb?

I can give you two VINs, don’t know if it helps. One is a family member’s 2008 1st gen model, the other is my 2012 2nd gen model. Both US vehicles, both with the spongey brake feel.

2008 - 2983 8032 6524
2012 - 2BL7 C014 1537

Back