:
2012 Mazda5 Touring
Our new wrx was at dealer for warranty work

I asked him at 50 k miles should I replace mazda5 auto tranny fluid

My mazda5 hasn't been to a dealer ever to service

He quoted me $250 to flush trans fluid

I asked if its drain and fill and he said no it's full flush

Is price ok?

I think it's a little high. I did mine about 10K miles ago and I paid $159 with a coupon at Romero Mazda in Ontario. Look for coupons, most dealers will honor any other competitor's Mazda dealer coupon.

Price seems high. Have you ever had the trans fluid changed before? If not, you may do more harm than good with a flush at this point. May want to stick with a drain and fill. You may want to research trans flushes after long fluid change intervals and the likely hood that you will encounter some trans issues shortly after the flush.

OP is located in LA - price could be representative for the area?!

That said, it does seem high, even in the Seattle area.

Last edited:
Mazda is drain and fill. Only oil cost.
Do it yourself 3 times, 3 weekends in a row and after that once a year, one drain and fill and you should be fine.
You can check how-to thread regarding oil selection and method. I'd stay away from stock mazda oil, but that is just me.

I don't think a flush is particularly harmful at 50K, even less so since its not the dreaded 06-07 4 speed. But yeah, unless this guy is the best of the best and is using top-tier fluid on top of it all, I think he's $100 over a good price.

It has never had a flush

I bought car new
Price seems high. Have you ever had the trans fluid changed before? If not, you may do more harm than good with a flush at this point. May want to stick with a drain and fill. You may want to research trans flushes after long fluid change intervals and the likely hood that you will encounter some trans issues shortly after the flush.

Ok if easy as oil change I can tackle it

What oil do you guys recommend

I will see if I can find a how to
Mazda is drain and fill. Only oil cost.
Do it yourself 3 times, 3 weekends in a row and after that once a year, one drain and fill and you should be fine.
You can check how-to thread regarding oil selection and method. I'd stay away from stock mazda oil, but that is just me.

Back