New 2024 Mazda color

My prayers have been answered! The 2024 cx-5 will have the zircon sand exterior paint color. According to Car and Drive, it will be available on the Carbon Turbo Edition. I love my low mileage 2015 CX-5 GT, but I’m sick of the white paint.

1686096203015.jpeg

My wife and I bought a new CX-5 (Soul Red Crystal) last weekend and there was a 3 Hatch there in that color. Very classy!

I believe Mazda withheld this color initially on the CX-5 in the US so as not to compete with the CX-50 here, which featured Zircon Sand on its debut, along with the Polymetal Gray. It was offered as a special package in some other markets and featured an interior with lime green accents. This version sounds much more appealing with Terra Cotta leather and black suede on the inside.

Last edited:
My prayers have been answered! The 2024 cx-5 will have the zircon sand exterior paint color. According to Car and Drive, it will be available on the Carbon Turbo Edition. I love my low mileage 2015 CX-5 GT, but I’m sick of the white paint.View attachment 319896
Is the Carbon Edition getting the 2.5T back? It wasn't available for '23 in the US.

Looks retro. Reminds me my brother's 97 cavalier tan color
Like this 😆
View attachment 319899

I agree, it reminds me of my Seattle Silver 1991 Honda Accord lol. Very classy on the Mazdas! I think the CX-5 with body-coloured plastic trim would look nice in this colour.

That seems to be the trend these days ... Flat earthy tones and polymetal are all the rage

Hmmmm, will Zircon Sand be replacing Polymetal Grey for the Carbon Edition or be a secondary color option? Since it's introduction, the Carbon Edition has only had one color option, PMG.

Not my favorite color makes the cx5 look bland but we all have different tastes. Cx5 turdbo

Here's the Canadian press release. It will be called Suna instead of Carbon Turbo Edition.

Back