2023 CX-9 same specs as the 2022? WeatherTech Mats

I need to order weathertech mats. They don't show the 2023 CX-9 on their website yet. I assume I can order the 2022 mats and they should fit exactly the same?

I don't know the answer to your question but I would look around at other brands instead of weathertechs. There are some very competitive options out tthere and whit different materials/attachment solutions.

I’ve had weathertec for every vehicle I just never thought to look at anything else. They are tried and true.
I will google though. Any recommendations?

I’ve had weathertec for every vehicle I just never thought to look at anything else. They are tried and true.
I will google though. Any recommendations?

The 3D Max Spider mats were a pretty good price on Amazon. The Weathertech mats might have an edge channelling more water/snow/slush, but the MaxSpider mats feel/look much nicer, and they fit perfectly (third row not 100% perfect, but pretty close).

6DC4428A-3F25-4005-822A-7ADA166A8379_1_105_c.jpeg

F91C2562-34ED-450E-9711-9BD7D34BD960_1_105_c.jpeg

8641187E-4E42-4CFB-AEEE-5050CB634169_1_105_c.jpeg

Husky, maxpider, tuxmats all seem really nice/value orientated.

I second Tuxmat. I had to settle for the WeatherTech for the cargo liner (Tuxmat didn't have them) and I would argue the quality (to me anyways) is subpar compared to Tuxmat.

I've got Tuxmat and am happy with them. The third row doesn't fit great, but we also don't use the third row much, so I admittedly haven't spent much time trying to figure out why and fix it, it's entirely possible I just need to tuck something somewhere just right.

I've got Tuxmat and am happy with them. The third row doesn't fit great, but we also don't use the third row much, so I admittedly haven't spent much time trying to figure out why and fix it, it's entirely possible I just need to tuck something somewhere just right.

Same; the third row for my family is strictly used in marginal scenarios so the seats are 99.9% down (hurray to rear cargo space). I think by virtue of design of the second row seats, it makes it almost impossible to make a good full coverage of the third row.

I had the Tuxmats in our 2018 CX5 and I actually like the older Tuxmats better (the second row coverage on the CX5 tucked into the bench seat, so it pretty much covered all of the carpeting). They changed the design around a little bit and I found the older Tuxmats had better "coverage" compared to the current versions.

Hey guys, I picked up my 2023 CX-9 Touring today with captain chairs (6 chairs total) and without the center console. Out of curiosity, has anyone purchased the Husky floor mats for their 2023? I'm taking a look at Tuxmat and they only make floor liners for the 7 seat version which is basically the bench seat.

I got the floor mats for the 2023 Touring from my dealer, and quick look at the part number suggest they are same for both 2022 & 2023 -
The pattern on the actual mats is different from the one shown in pics, however the CX-9 branding makes it look cool. Will add pics when i get chance.

Hey guys, I picked up my 2023 CX-9 Touring today with captain chairs (6 chairs total) and without the center console. Out of curiosity, has anyone purchased the Husky floor mats for their 2023? I'm taking a look at Tuxmat and they only make floor liners for the 7 seat version which is basically the bench seat.
There is a thread for what you paid for you cx-9 and it would be great if you want to share the deal details.. Might help others get better deal.

Just an update, I received my https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)from Amazon and it included the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rows for the floor mats. I am not that impressed by the quality of these floor mats. I've owned 3D Maxpider and WeatherTechs and I can safely say that the WeatherTech floor mats have a much better build quality with the anti-slip finish and overall, the thickness of the WeatherTechs would in my opinion, last a lot longer than the Smart Liners.

It seems that if a sharp object were to drop or accidentally puncture the mat itself, it's game over. If I were to compare the floor mat material, it feels like those red solo cups. The texture is slippery, not very pliable and very thin.

One day, I hope to be able to try the Husky's and Tux Mat's to see which manufacturer makes the best floor mat but if money or 3rd row coverage is not an issue, I would probably recommend Weather Techs.

I will provide some pictures sometime this week of how the floor mats look like. Overall, I may return these and get the Weather Techs instead.

Pros:
  1. It seems to fit quite well if the mats can be flattened easily.

2. The coverage is overall very good as the walls are pretty high and cover a lot of area where the cloth floors meet.

3. The dead pedal area where the left foot rests has good coverage compared to the half-coverage WeatherTechs.

Cons:
  1. The material is a very hard plastic and it's very sharp. If you're not careful, it can easily cut you, especially the 1st row when trying to position the floor mats onto the two locking divots.

2. It's not a very pliable or compliant material. Getting the passenger side to clip into place was a struggle and I had to reposition the mat many times as it arrived folded up from the factory.

3. The material seems to be slippery and that's probably because it's hard plastic with no textured finish. The WeatherTech or 3D Maxpider at least had a textured finish to prevent slipping. The Smart Liner does advertise itself to be skid resistant but I am not so sure about that.

Last edited:
I have weathertec for front and rear (didn’t bother with third row because it’s rarely used) and husky cargo liner. The husky cargo can be utilized whether third row is up or down which is nice.
I have had weathertec in all my vehicles for years.

I have weathertec for front and rear (didn’t bother with third row because it’s rarely used) and husky cargo liner. The husky cargo can be utilized whether third row is up or down which is nice.
I have had weathertec in all my vehicles for years.
Thanks for letting us know. Just had a few questions:
  1. How would you compare the material of the Husky cargo liners vs the Weather Techs?
  2. Do you think the Husky liner is slippery or is there a textured finish to it?

I think the weathertec are a little thicker than husky.
I wouldn’t say the husky cargo liner is grippy, it’s durable but things definitely slide around on it.
I’m planning to add a cargo net.

The 3D Max Spider mats were a pretty good price on Amazon. The Weathertech mats might have an edge channelling more water/snow/slush, but the MaxSpider mats feel/look much nicer, and they fit perfectly (third row not 100% perfect, but pretty close).
After seeing that Weathertech has the same product number for the mats for 2022 vs 2023 models, I decided to take the plunge on 2022 CX-9 3D Maxpider mats since the 2023s aren't out yet for my 2023 Touring (captains chairs w/o second row center console). I can confirm that the Maxpider mats fit the same as in your images in the 2023. It's a bit weird that the center piece between the second row captains chairs isn't connected to the third row mats like it appears to be in the Weathertech mats, but not a huge deal.

As promised, here are the pics of the Smart Liners. There are still exposed areas that aren't being fully covered with the Smart Liners and you can see based on this image, it's mostly the 2nd and 3rd row areas.

1.jpg

1 (2).jpg
1 (5).jpg
1 (3).jpg
1 (4).jpg
1 (6).jpg
1 (7).jpg

1 (1).jpg

1 (8).jpg

Back