2023 CX-5 Carbon 1.5” Lift Kit and Tire Size

I'm thinking about throwing a 1.5in lift kit on the 2023 CX-5 Carbon because the roads out where I live are terrible. Since the original tire size is 225/55-19 I was thinking a 235/65-19 might be the best option with the lift kit. Has anyone ever done this before and would this tire size work with a 1.5in lift?

I'm thinking about throwing a 1.5in lift kit on the 2023 CX-5 Carbon because the roads out where I live are terrible. Since the original tire size is 225/55-19 I was thinking a 235/65-19 might be the best option with the lift kit. Has anyone ever done this before and would this tire size work with a 1.5in lift?
Are these
1. rock infested dirt path off-road ventures
or are they
2. paved roads with huge potholes.

Lift kit will help #1 but you also gotta ditch the 19 inch tires and get 17 inchers with more sidewall. Get some meaty all-terrains. Pick tire brands according to your conditions.
Imo get a Jeep.

If it's #2, lift kit won't do any good, just ditch the tires and get some 235 65r 17 incher all terrains. Falken AT trails or Firestone Destination AT2 or Yoko Geolanders are good choices for mostly highway use with some off-road. Low highway noise but good grip on-road or off-road.

Last edited:
Back