2022 CX-5 touchscreen tweak possible?

I don't find any information regarding this.
the 2022 CX 5 appears to have a new infotainment system
I am not sure if the new monitor even has the touch screen layer at all
would like to find out before any attempt to apply the tweak.

No tweaks are possible and Mazda removed touch screen hardware, odd enough touch screen had returned with new CX-50. Bizarre.

My understanding is that the CX-50 only enables touch for Carplay/AndroidAuto. Does the '22 CX-5 have wireless Carplay/AndroidAuto now too? In which case touch may be enabled there too.

those new infotainment systems do not have a touch screen in the US. My friend had a 2021 cx 5 in China hes does come with a touch screen. I'm waiting for him to take apart the car so I can get the part number to see if we can replace the NA screen with Asian market parts

I also found this on TikTok. I DM her for the screen parts since the car will be taken apart for LED installation. so far she has not responod to me yet.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the CX-50 only enables touch for Carplay/AndroidAuto. Does the '22 CX-5 have wireless Carplay/AndroidAuto now too? In which case touch may be enabled there too.

On my '22 CX-5 Preferred, there's no wireless AA/Carplay, still gotta plug in the USB cord first to activate it. Couldn't interact with the screen by touch when I was in park either, the control knob is the only way to interact with it.

Any update on this? I have a 2022 CX-5 SE without touchscreen and I'm wondering if I can buy an OEM Mazda infotainment head unit that is touch screen, and perhaps even has wireless Carplay??

Did the high end CX-5 models come with a touchscreen? If not, has anyone had success with installing the Asian market unit with touchscreen?

On my '22 CX-5 Preferred, there's no wireless AA/Carplay, still gotta plug in the USB cord first to activate it. Couldn't interact with the screen by touch when I was in park either, the control knob is the only way to interact with it.
Yes, unless you buy a wireless adapter, you will have to plug in for AA/Carplay. The screen does not support touch regardless.

Back