2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback Backseat Space for Front Facing Car Seats

:
2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT
Does anyone with a 2021 Mazda3 Turbo Hatchback have front-facing child car seats installed in the back? If so, can you comment on how tight the space is for the kids?

I'm currently driving a 2013 Mazdaspeed3, which per reported rear seat dimensions, has a little more rear legroom (36.2 inches) versus the 2021 Mazda3 Turbo Hatchback (35.1 inches). In my car, my son already has to angle his feet when sitting on the car seat. I fear it would be worse for him if I move into the 2021 Mazda3 Hatchback, which seems to have even less space in the back.

I assume the seat in front of him cannot be moved a bit forward or would he sit behind you? Would you be able to ask a salesperson at a dealership to let you test-fit the seat and your son?

I assume the seat in front of him cannot be moved a bit forward or would he sit behind you? Would you be able to ask a salesperson at a dealership to let you test-fit the seat and your son?
He sits behind me. His little brother in a still rear facing car seat sits behind the front passenger.

Installing the car seat on the car itself at the dealership seems like the best way to find out. I was just hoping someone else with kids purchased the Mazda3 Turbo hatch. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Back