2021 CX-9 Speaker Layout

I just got my car back from the shop and being the anal person I am, i re-checked everything and noticed that (which i may not have noticed before) the front door speakers don't actually play the audio? Are they subs? I had the front driver door repaired but the passenger front door sounds the same so I assumed they were for subs.

Any insight would greatly appreciated since i couldn't find anything about the speaker layout in the car and which speakers served what purpose. thanks in advance!

The door speakers should be making sound, sounds like someone forgot to reconnect them. 2021 GT here, tweeters are on/in the dash and rear columns, but the midrange/bass all comes from the front and rear doors, woofer in the spare wheel.

The door speakers should be making sound, sounds like someone forgot to reconnect them. 2021 GT here, tweeters are on/in the dash and rear columns, but the midrange/bass all comes from the front and rear doors, woofer in the spare wheel.
thank for that info @Gremlin! i was able to verify it's definitely connected and i can feel the bass from the speaker. I didn't realize they were midrange/bass speakers so I got a little paranoid when i only felt the base and if it put my ear up to the speaker, i could here a little bit of the vocals. but what you described would explain what i heard/felt so thank you for that!

I just got my car back from the shop and being the anal person I am, i re-checked everything and noticed that (which i may not have noticed before) the front door speakers don't actually play the audio? Are they subs? I had the front driver door repaired but the passenger front door sounds the same so I assumed they were for subs.

Any insight would greatly appreciated since i couldn't find anything about the speaker layout in the car and which speakers served what purpose. thanks in advance!
Hey, so the speakers on the front doors are actually midrange speakers that play lower frequencies much like a subwoofer. The vocals or higher frequency audio comes from the tweeters that are placed on the dashboard. I realized this while detailing the interior of my vehicle and was surprised.

Hey, so the speakers on the front doors are actually midrange speakers that play lower frequencies much like a subwoofer. The vocals or higher frequency audio comes from the tweeters that are placed on the dashboard. I realized this while detailing the interior of my vehicle and was surprised.
yeah i was surprised as well, i would've liked some details in the owner's manual about it but couldn't find anything

Back