2021 CX-5 GTR Oil Filter Question

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
I intend to use the OEM oil filter on my vehicle for the first couple of oil changes and then switch to a Fram filter. I remember several different filters are made in different countries. Can someone school me on the OEM filters that my dealer might stock? Thank you Ed

Solution
So you bought a new 2021 CX-5 GTR?

The oil filter from factory on 2.5T is Japanese made Tokyo Roki PY8W-14-302. Unfortunately Mazda North American Operations have stopped supplying PY8W-14-302 since Dec. 2019 and it’s superseded by Thai made Denso 1WPY-14-302.

I wouldn’t use Fram filter, as aftermarket oil filters are one size for both 2.5T and 2.5L, whereas OEM’s have 2 different oil filters.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA

I have the Japanese filter already but whats the Wix kit part number so I can do the dilution check?
I believe the Wix kit is an oil collection kit so that you can send in the oil sample testing the fuel content for the possible fuel dilution issue.

Upvote 0
Is $20 the whole price or is there an extra fee when mail it in ? Was thinking of getting another test to compare to the Blackstone reports.
That is the total price. Its a little under $3 to mail on your dime the last time I sent one in. It comes with a TBN reading something you pay extra for at Blackstone. You can occasionally find them on Rock Auto like I did for $9.95 a kit! Below is what the Wix printout looks like.

Attachments

• UOS Havoline Pro DS.jpg
    UOS Havoline Pro DS.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Upvote 0
:
18 Mazda CX5 AW
That is the total price. Its a little under $3 to mail on your dime the last time I sent one in. It comes with a TBN reading something you pay extra for at Blackstone. You can occasionally find them on Rock Auto like I did for $9.95 a kit! Below is what the Wix printout looks like.
Thanks. That's a great price plus let's me compare labs.

Is that your real name or fake name? You might want to delete report and reload with your personal info blacked out.

Upvote 0
Thanks. That's a great price plus let's me compare labs.

Is that your real name or fake name? You might want to delete report and reload with your personal info blacked out.

Anyways will look at napa for a quick test and rockauto for the slower test since its delivered. Btw I temporarily put used warm oil in paper coffee cup but it wont contaminate the used oil from the plastic coating right?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:
18 Mazda CX5 AW
Now the image wont load!

Anyways will look at napa for a quick test and rockauto for the slower test since its delivered. Btw I temporarily put used warm oil in paper coffee cup but it wont contaminate the used oil from the plastic coating right?

Thanks
Don't think they test oil for PTFE.
If they do, they'll wonder where the hell the plastic came from. You'll have scientist in lab coats visiting your house.

Upvote 0