2021 CX-30 2.5 S. 2021 model year differences?

So I see the 2021 has a new name but not much has changed. Carplay on the entry level model. Prefered get a sunroof. Does not seem like much has changed accept for the name. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new CX-30 and if there is not much difference, I'll just get a 2020 Select. I don't care about heated electric seats. I'd love the sunroof but not for almost $3000 more.

Whatchya think?
m

Yeah, I’ve read the differences are...

- Preferred trim now includes a power moonroof

- A few features are now only available via Premium trim

- Android Auto / Apple CarPlay is now standard

I will be looking towards the middle or end of 2021. I think the new Preferred trim now gives me everything I want. I still wish cooled seats were available, and a different color of blue.

Cylinder deactivation appears to have been deleted in the CX-30 Premium for 2021. This 1-mpg gas saving feature had serious early problems due to incorrect software controlling that feature. Worst case, you could lose power on the highway, with possible engine damage. A software update was issued to correct the problem. I certainly won't miss this feature.

Last edited:
So I see the 2021 has a new name but not much has changed. Carplay on the entry level model. Prefered get a sunroof. Does not seem like much has changed accept for the name. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new CX-30 and if there is not much difference, I'll just get a 2020 Select. I don't care about heated electric seats. I'd love the sunroof but not for almost $3000 more.

Whatchya think?
m
I heard that the 2020 was at 6.9 in clearance and 2021 was raised to 8 in.

Yeah, I’ve read the differences are...

- Preferred trim now includes a power moonroof

- A few features are now only available via Premium trim

- Android Auto / Apple CarPlay is now standard
So here's something I didn't realize until last month:
While Preferred added a moonroof, it came at the expense of the Bose system and Sirius XM radio. While something like that isn't a dealbreaker for many people, it does kind of suck you don't get that awesome sound system unless you get the Premium.

Back