2019 CX-5 Keyfob dying

I have a 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring and have had to replace my keyfob batteries twice in three months. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah, They were energizers
Did you happen to check the date on the package? Some of those sit on shelves for a long time.
I'd buy a new battery and see what happens.
I try to buy my fob batteries locally (local hardware store) not Ebay or Amazon.

I had problems with model 2025 batteries and have since switched to the (.7mm) thicker model 2032 with higher capacity. The little round cover inside doesn't fit quite right but the fob itself snaps back together. I've had no issues since changing to the 2032 battery.

I had problems with model 2025 batteries and have since switched to the (.7mm) thicker model 2032 with higher capacity. The little round cover inside doesn't fit quite right but the fob itself snaps back together. I've had no issues since changing to the 2032 battery.
I had brought a pack of 4 2032 energizers from Amazon in February of this year. But I will try Home Depot

I had brought a pack of 4 2032 energizers from Amazon in February of this year. But I will try Home Depot
You never know what you're getting with Amazon batteries. Even if they're in the original packaging they might be 5+ years old. I think the sellers buy up old lots of batteries.
I get all my batteries from Harbor Freight locally.

Same story with batteries on ePay: make sure the vendor clearly posts the date & also accepts returns.

Last edited:
You never know what you're getting with Amazon batteries. Even if they're in the original packaging they might be 5+ years old. I think the sellers buy up old lots of batteries.
I get all my batteries from Harbor Freight locally.

I buy all my batteries from Amazon and never had an issue, even the main battery for my MC. I check the dates when I get em and I've never received expired batteries or batteries that were even close to expiring. Before replacing a battery, of any kind, I always check the voltage with a meter, no problems there either.

YMMV

if walk away lock is enabled that drains batteries even faster. Try with fresh Energizer battery or upgrade to the 2023 ones. Bit bulky for the cap to properly close but doable as mentioned above.

Back