2019 CX-5 GTR Hood Paint Chips

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to the forum after acquiring my 2019 Grand Touring Reserve in Jet Black Mica in late December. I recently noticed the large amount of paint chips that he car has, mostly on the hood. This is my first Mazda, our other vehicle is a 2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited Ultimate in Metallic Gray. That vehicle has no chips anywhere, while this car is filled with them.

Does anyone know if the Jet Black Mica paint is thin, or has anyone else experienced this on their CX-5 (mostly on the hood). I was told that Mazda's black paint is thin, as is Nissan's but I am not sure how true that is. I would probably have the hood repainted down the road assuming that it gets worse, but if I got that route is there anything that I can do to prevent it from happening again?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, same on mine, same color.
The paint is thinner than some other models. The front usually takes most of the dmg from highway driving. People put clear bra or whatever the new type of protection folio is called nowadays. There are lots of posts in the forum

same on mine, same color.
The paint is thinner than some other models. The front usually takes most of the dmg from highway driving.
Thank you for letting me know. I was told the black was thin, but I wasn't sure if that was accurate. Just curious if you've looked in to having it repainted, and if so about what the cost was?

Back