2017 Horn

Pipemajor

Hoot Mon!
:
Minnesota
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
Did Mazda finally upgrade the stock horn to a dual tone? My 2015 has one of the wimpiest-sounding horns ever...

I get my '17 GT AWD w/Premium pkg this Tuesday. Eternal Blue.

It's funny... I did on-road conversions for a couple of my quads when laws changed a few years back. Part of the conversion was to add a horn... the one I added to quads seems like it is 2-3x louder. :)

There are mods on here for it.... now that my 3/36 is closing might do that. It is a fairly quiet horn.

Did Mazda finally upgrade the stock horn to a dual tone? My 2015 has one of the wimpiest-sounding horns ever...

I noticed a good sounding horn on my 17 when i locked it. This is coming from a 2005 Mazda3 owner who had to purchase another horn and tack it on top of the OEM to get a nicer dual tone because stock just wasn't cutting it.

Maybe posting a video clip showing the horn in action by current owners would be both nice and beneficial 😀

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

We have a '17 and the horn is very loud when I lock it twice (beep for locking once, horn for locking twice). It's several DB's higher than the same year Infiniti we have which I also think is loud and much louder than a Ford Fusion I had.

Just look behind the grille and see if there's a hi and lo tone horn on either side!

We have a '17 and the horn is very loud when I lock it twice (beep for locking once, horn for locking twice). It's several DB's higher than the same year Infiniti we have which I also think is loud and much louder than a Ford Fusion I had.
Sounds deeper right?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I assume your CX-5 horns sound like the one on the clip below. Could be now the new CX-5 sounds like the Mazda 6 horn (scratch)

The 2017 horn has some meat to it, especially compared to the 2014.

Funny story, I went to look at the dual horns on my 2017 and while leaning against the car I accidentally hit the panic button on the fob triggering the horns. I can confirm it made me jump, is load, sounds nice and has dual horns.

I'm a sucker for Bosch Nautilus so I guess that's one more thing I need to change when my unit arrives.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

My UK car has two horns. (wow)
And its the last facelift model 2015.

Back