2017 CX5 Window Issue

About a week after I got my car back from the body shop, I started having a front driver window issue. The auto function doesn't work at all. The window goes down fine if I hold the button, but the issue is going up. When I pull up on the switch, the window only goes up an inch at a time. I can get it all the way up if I keep pulling the switch, but still only an inch at a time.

I already tried the auto window reprogram, but it didn't do anything. Anyone had this issue before?

Take it back to the body shop and let them fix it.
I've already back for another issue they caused. Confidence is not high. They spent almost 2 months doing a job they quoted 2 weeks on. If anyone has a possible solution I'd much rather do it myself.

hold the window down button until it beeps. this will reset the auto finction
I've already done the auto window reset. Mine doesn't beep it clicks. I tried it a few times, it worked for one trip to the store, then the window froze halfway up. Then it went back to down easily, and up one inch at a time. All other windows are functioning 100% correct.

I've already done the auto window reset. Mine doesn't beep it clicks. I tried it a few times, it worked for one trip to the store, then the window froze halfway up. Then it went back to down easily, and up one inch at a time. All other windows are functioning 100% correct.

On my 2016.5 CX-5 GT, I've noticed a handful of times during the winter months that the "auto" feature seems to cease working. In those instances, it has taken attempting it a few more times, then it (so far) has begun working. My guess is (WAG that it is), somewhere there's a wiring connection and/or switch issue that gets worse in the cold.

I have yet to open up the door panel and eval the switch assembly, wiring, etc.

BTW, I didn't know about the "auto reset" technique mentioned. Since winter's coming in a few momths, I'll give that a shot next time it occurs.

Back