2017 CX-9 touring tpms sensor part #s?

I've been trying to determine part number for 2017 cx-9 touring awd tire pressure sensors. Finding for years up to 2015, then 2018-current.

Can anyone hook me up with the part number?

2016-2017 use a wheel speed sensor to determine rotations in relation to each other vs an actual TPMS sensor. Are you looking for a wheel speed sensor? What’s your actual issue?

I need to replace tire pressure sensors, with a license plate bracket I ordered for my other car, came with fancy chrome valve stem caps. They corroded on, while trying to get cap tore hole in valve stem which I think is part of tire pressure sensor. Sensing same will occur when I try removing other valve stem caps. Would prefer to get oem sensor as there isn't a Mazda dealer for 2 hours drive to program

As I said, 2016-2017 uses wheel speed sensors. Just go to a tire shop and they should have replacement stems and can install for you. There aren’t TPMS sensors in the tires

Regarding those corroded valve stem covers; I find that putting some vaseline on the threads prevents the corrosion issue from happening. I prefer metal covers to cheap plastic ones and have used aluminum or stainless steel caps for several years on different cars without any issue using the above method. Good luck.

The wheel speed sendors are part of the antilock braking system. They're dual purpose in this case. A low tire will have a smaller outside diameter than a fully inflated tire. The low tire will therefore rotate faster, and the system looking at the wheel speed sensors will note the difference in speed of rotation and flash the low tire pressure light. I think the air pressure sensors are more accurate, so that's what's in use on the later models.

Back