2017~2024 2017 CX-5 GT Maintenance Monitor (Oil Change Interval) won’t stay *ON*

:
'12 Mazda5 GT
:
‘17 CX-5 GT
Wondering what I’m doing wrong with my Maintenance Monitor, and specifically the Oil Change interval. I know how to reset it etc., but once I turn it on, it only stays active until I shut off the car. Next time I start the car, the Maintenance Monitor is Off. It does still countdown the mileage, but in order to see the remaining mileage I have to go back into settings and turn it on again.

Is there something I need to do *AFTER* I turn the Maintenance Monitor on to make it *stick* and stay on?

2017 CX-5 GT (Canada)

First set of 3 pics are what I see after I switch it on.
Second set of 3 pics are what I see after I start the car again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 111
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 114
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 117
Wondering what I’m doing wrong with my Maintenance Monitor, and specifically the Oil Change interval. I know how to reset it etc., but once I turn it on, it only stays active until I shut off the car. Next time I start the car, the Maintenance Monitor is Off. It does still countdown the mileage, but in order to see the remaining mileage I have to go back into settings and turn it on again.

Is there something I need to do *AFTER* I turn the Maintenance Monitor on to make it *stick* and stay on?

2017 CX-5 GT (Canada)

First set of 3 pics are what I see after I switch it on.
Second set of 3 pics are what I see after I start the car again.
Firstly you need to do the setups including the reset in Maintenance Monitor with ignition on without engine running.

Secondly there’s a TSBs for 2017 ~ 2018 CX-5 for Maintenance Monitor. Although you’re in Canada which doesn’t support “Flexible” oil change interval, you may still need to perform this TSB with revised PCM software so that your Maintenance Monitor is working correctly:

TSB 09-037/18 - OIL MAINTENANCE MONITOR RESET CONCERNS

Firstly you need to do the setups including the reset in Maintenance Monitor with ignition on without engine running.

Secondly there’s a TSBs for 2017 ~ 2018 CX-5 for Maintenance Monitor. Although you’re in Canada which doesn’t support “Flexible” oil change interval, you may still need to perform this TSB with revised PCM software so that your Maintenance Monitor is working correctly:

TSB 09-037/18 - OIL MAINTENANCE MONITOR RESET CONCERNS
Thanks for the heads-up about the TSB. I am on an "old" software version (59.00.502) but thinking about doing the Apple CarPlay upgrade, which will include an update. So I'll see if that changes anything.

Back