2016+ voice command button not working fix

:
2016 CX-5
just thought I share this for fellow 2016+ owners with non-working voice command button:

for some reason it stopped working yesterday and I did the "soft" reboot:

press (BACK+NAV+MUTE) and hold for at least 10 seconds
the system may show nav screen or voume will be muted (just ignore and keep holding)
the system should reboot and the screen will go black then you'll see the Mazda logo and the system will return to normal

Infotainment has been good since purchase, no issues until yesterday,
I probably was impatient and pressed the voice command too quick before the system fully booted up.

hopes this helps any owner in the future if they come across this.....

P.S.> the "soft" reboot didn't erase any of my infotainment/radio/bluetooth settings which is good vs a "hard" reboot (disconnect battery) and all settings gets erased back to defaults factory settings.

+1 thx Tomcat, it worked and fixed my missing NAV street names while I was in Radio or USB,etc mode, now it's all good I can see the next street names coming up on top of the screen without using NAV mode, glad I didn't have to re-enter all my preferences and radio stations again. Nav is working again.

Last edited:
FIX for voice command in Mazda infotainment system

Thank you for this fix. To clarify, it is the buttons around the main control knob. I attached a picture. To me, it is the back button, the NAV button and the volume button. See picture below:

interior_feature_focus_02.jpeginterior_feature_focus_02.jpeg

just thought I share this for fellow 2016+ owners with non-working voice command button:

for some reason it stopped working yesterday and I did the "soft" reboot:

press (BACK+NAV+MUTE) and hold for at least 10 seconds
the system may show nav screen or voume will be muted (just ignore and keep holding)
the system should reboot and the screen will go black then you'll see the Mazda logo and the system will return to normal

Infotainment has been good since purchase, no issues until yesterday,
I probably was impatient and pressed the voice command too quick before the system fully booted up.

hopes this helps any owner in the future if they come across this.....

P.S.> the "soft" reboot didn't erase any of my infotainment/radio/bluetooth settings which is good vs a "hard" reboot (disconnect battery) and all settings gets erased back to defaults factory settings.

Back