2016 Mazda CX-5 Tow Eye - Not

navyflyboy73

:
2016 CX-5
I'll start by saying that I know The 2016 CX-5 owner's manual states that the tow eye is designed for tie down during transport, not for towing, and that it is removed and not included or sold as a 2016 accessory (at least in the US). I also know that I will eventually get stuck in the mud in my AWD vehicle and any effort spent getting me unstuck will probably result in damage to the plastic bumper. That being said, will the 2014 CX-5 front bumper tow eye fit the 2016 vehicle? What is the difference between the front and back tow eye and does anybody know the thread size? I'm also not interested in the aftermarket tow hooks that permanently bolt to the frame unless somebody has compelling reason to recommend that.

It's a strange thing but the UK models do come with a front and rear towing eye and instructions for fitting and using them. They are a really heavy affair and I'm quite sure you could dangle the car in mid air with them. It's such a pity because they throw the one they use for transportation in the back of the car giving us a spare. If I had known I would have brought it to the USA where I'm currently on vacation and posted it to you.

Can you buy them at the dealer? There is one long and one short. I guess the long would do both.

This is the spare. It's about 6 or 7 inches long and really heavy. I can measure it properly when I get home if you like.

image_zpsjsca2cyo.jpeg

Anchorman, is the long one for the front? I don't need a back one because I have a trailer hitch in case I need to get pulled out from the back. They are not even listed as a part for the 2016, although they are for the 2014. Go figure. I think I'll check the local junkyard first and if I can't find it I'll order the 2014 one. I can't fathom they'd be different. Appreciate the offer but shipping from the UK would probably be as expensive as the part itself.

Yeah... 2015 models here in the states were last year for them to thrown them by default.

Can you guys get the thread and diameter of these eyelets? I am curious if there are any aftermarket alternatives.

Anchorman, is the long one for the front? I don't need a back one because I have a trailer hitch in case I need to get pulled out from the back. They are not even listed as a part for the 2016, although they are for the 2014. Go figure. I think I'll check the local junkyard first and if I can't find it I'll order the 2014 one. I can't fathom they'd be different. Appreciate the offer but shipping from the UK would probably be as expensive as the part itself.
Yes, according to the manual. I've attached the 2 pages

image_zpsjstmxkc5.png

image_zpszavwcqlc.png

Back