2016 GT Wheels on 2021 CX-5 GTR?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Considering trading in my 2016 Grand Touring for a 2021 Grand Touring Reserve (Turbo). I have a set of OEM 19" wheels for the 2016 that I have Blizzaks mounted on. As that was a reasonably substantial investment, whether or not they can be used on the 2021 GTR is a consideration.

It looks as though the tire profile, bolt pattern, center bore etc are exactly the same between model years, however the 2016 wheels have an ET of 50 while the 2021 wheels have an ET of 45. I'm concerned that this may cause clearance issues. Has anyone successfully used this combination please?

It's very unlikely that the 2016 wheels will have clearance issues with only a 5mm inset compared to stock. That said, if you still have some concerns, you can purchase a set of 5mm wheel spacers online and use them if there are clearance issues. You'll still have plenty of threads on the hub's studs to run the spacer, the wheel, and the lug nuts.

Thank-you, I appreciate your input. I'm going to take one of the 2016 wheels to the dealership and have them check for fit and clearance on the 2021 that I'm looking at. Will update the thread once I have an answer. At worst it does seem that 5mm spacers will get the job done.

Back