2016 Factory LED Fog Lights

:
Mazda CX-5 Akera
2016 Factory LED Fog Lights, how effective are they? They look to be quite small. Was wondering how they compare to factory halogen fogs on the CX-5 in terms of light spread, reach and brightness etc? Has anyone used them in Fog conditions? I would have thought the white light is not as effective.

It's difficult to tell when they are on. They are more akin to accent lighting than function. But that's ok, the LED low beams do a great job.

It's difficult to tell when they are on. They are more akin to accent lighting than function. But that's ok, the LED low beams do a great job.

Yes but you can have the fog lights on just with the position lamps on together though right? HID or LED low beams would definitely drown out the fog lights from behind the drivers view.

Yes but you can have the fog lights on just with the position lamps on together though right? HID or LED low beams would definitely drown out the fog lights from behind the drivers view.

I think in the US, most cars with fog light require your low beam to be on in order to turn on the fog light. If it's just your parking light on, fog light does not turn on. It's somewhat hard to tell if the fog is on or not if your low beams are bright already.

They are very effective on mine. I don't drive at night without them because they show so much more off the sides of the road. I've tested this by stopping and with them on seeing a small reflector way off to the side, and with them off barely, or not being able to see same reflector. That reflector could be an animal's eyes, Plus with more light it's easier to see things that don't reflect like people or animal bodies, obviously.

In my opinion, if they were an stand alone option, I would not get them. I think they are useless for bad weather, which most fog light are for. These are more of extra driving lights. I prefer my fog lights be yellow to penetrate snow, fog, etc...

Different laws and settings in different countries I guess. Here in Aus, we can have the Fogs on if you have at least the parker/position lamps on.

Back