2016 CX-9 Infotainment Screen Ghost touches

I have a 2016 CX9 GT (i bought it in feb) that randomly in the last week started rapidly changing tracks and stations on the infotainment. After a couple of drives, i realized it only happened when car was stopped, thus its an issue with touch input. (Odd that this came up as of course, no one uses the touch input.)

Anyway, i did some reading and saw this got covered on Mazda 3's. But, i have not seen much on CX-9.

Anyone else experience this or have any info?

I'd love to get this covered by mazda, but if not i want to install myself. I already installed the Car Play kit, so i know its an easy job.

It did happen after install. However, months later. Kit was installed in mid-April, this issue appeared last Friday. For what it's worth, the connects are made to the CMU not the touchscreen. (Assuming the touchscreen is at fault given how the error occurs.) But, it certainly wouldn't hurt to check, not too difficult either.

I haven't heard of this before, but hopefully swapping the display out will solve the issue. Maybe the display can be fixed somehow?

Doesn't hurt to contact the dealer/Mazda Corporate about this. They likely won't cover it since you're out of the basic warranty period, but if you happen to catch them on a good day, they may goodwill the replacement. Good luck!

Back