2016 CX-9 front parking lights not working

Hello everyone, so my front corner parking lights stopped working. Rear lights work turn signal and hazards work. DRL working as well, I have checked all bulbs fuses and relays to no avail. I’m out of ideas

That's the white circle around the headlight, right? Pls let us know what you find. It might be the switch assembly.

It’s a 2016 cx9 sport . I’ve replaced the bulbs checked all the fuses and relays. Turn signals work and DRL work. Rear lights work. No im talking about the amber lights that double as parking lights and turn signals

So if i get this right. Your amber light doesn’t work as a parking light, but does light up when the turn signal is activated?

So if i get this right. Your amber light doesn’t work as a parking light, but does light up when the turn signal is activated?
That’s correct. First the driver side went out and I thought it was a bulb and kinda just let it be but then the passenger went out so I replaced both bulbs even though the old ones were fine. All fuses and relays are good as well

My cx-9 has adaptive lighting, so it is different than yours and i can’t confirm with mine. This is going to sound silly, but are you sure you have put the correct bulb in ?

I think the original might be dual filament lightbulb since they are doing two functions (low voltage parking and brighter signal light) and also because only one of the 2 functions went out (parking light). But I wasn’t able to confirm from internet searches. Images from the part number shows the dual filament one like a 7443 but aftermarket sites say a 7440 is needed (7440 is a single filament i believe). The aftermarket sites might be wrong. Sometime there is confusion between these bulbs since they look identical from the outside and have the same plug. And as i said i can’t confirm from my car either.

If you still have the original try to see if they are dual filament or not (if they are burnt the filament may be broken, but you would still see it), Or you can ask your local dealer service department to confirm. And compare with the ones you have installed (Photo of a dual filament bulb and a single filament below)

1652121560581.jpeg

1652122169697.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes you are correct they are dual filament and the ones I took out were fine, both filaments were intact . I’m completely out of ideas I may just have to eat the cost of taking it to the dealer

Do you have a multimeter? That would help narrow down the culprit. I have read that some Japanese wiring is particularly tasty to rodents and could be potentially the issue

Latest posts

Back