2015 CX-9 hesitant to start

I have a 2015 cx9 with around 110000 km i recently replaced the starter motor which was having problems, now the car is sometimes hesitant to start, i just wait a few minutes and boom it starts as if nothing happened. My keyfob is a little worn out, my question is could the keyfob be giving the problems? Sorry for the bad english not my first language.

.....the car is sometimes hesitant to start, i just wait a few minutes and boom it starts as if nothing happened.
Need a better explanation of "hesitant to start". Cranks but doesn't fire? Doesn't crank at all? Slow to crank? Etc etc.

My keyfob is a little worn out, my question is could the keyfob be giving the problems?
If the vehicle won't crank, then suddenly does, then yes the fob could be the problem.

Upvote 0
It turns on but doesnt crank, i get air music etc, but no more. after a few mins it starts no problem
Ok. Any lights on the dash (not the normal icons)? Possibly the "key"?

Smart_Key_007.jpg

Upvote 0
All the normal lights
Dunno then. The fact that there are no dash/security lights on, and you can turn the ignition to "run" or "start", would lead me to believe that this is not keyfob/immobilizer related.

Double check your starter/battery connections that you touched. Next is to get out the voltmeter and start testing/checking things.

Upvote 0
I doubt its the starter, i bought the starter at the mazda dealership. I did start using the 2nd key and nothing has happend, im starting to think its the key fob battery thats giving me problems

Upvote 0
I doubt its the starter, i bought the starter at the mazda dealership. I did start using the 2nd key and nothing has happend, im starting to think its the key fob battery thats giving me problems
Never doubt anything. I've been in the automotive biz for over 30 years, and you'd be amazed as to what can be faulty when you least expect it.

On your fob, when sitting in the vehicle, is the red light flashing every 5-6 seconds? If so, the battery is fine and the fob is communicating with the vehicle.

Upvote 0
if it was the fob you wouldn't even be able to turn the car ON.

Check at the starter if it receives the 12V signal while someone is trying to start it. If the 12V is there, you have a bad starter. If it doesn' than your problem is somewhere else. Also make sure the battery is good, a bad contact on the battery can do that also. Check the grounds also.

Upvote 0
Back