2014 CX-5 Key Fob problems after battery replacement

Hello to all
I have 2014 cx5 and recently i had to replace battery in the key fob.
After replacement the key wont open/lock the car and only start engine when I press the ignition button with the key.
Tried to replace few batteries but still the same problem.
I have second remote and its working perfectly.
What could be the problem? There is any solution beside call local locksmith?

The key is with 2 buttons.
Thx to all.

Thx

I guess make sure you are installing the battery correctly ? (Proper side up) ... I'm not insinuating that you don't know how to install a battery, just throwing out some troubleshooting ideas.

You could try swapping the batteries between the known good fob and the one that doesn't work to see if the problem follows the battery or stays with the inoperative fob.

Another idea is I have not had very good results using the specified 2025 battery so switched to using a 2032 battery (even though the little internal round cover doesn't quite fit on, the fob body still snaps closed.) Much better range and battery life with the higher capacity 2032 battery.

I guess make sure you are installing the battery correctly ? (Proper side up) ... I'm not insinuating that you don't know how to install a battery, just throwing out some troubleshooting ideas.

You could try swapping the batteries between the known good fob and the one that doesn't work to see if the problem follows the battery or stays with the inoperative fob.

Another idea is I have not had very good results using the specified 2025 battery so switched to using a 2032 battery (even though the little internal round cover doesn't quite fit on, the fob body still snaps closed.) Much better range and battery life with the higher capacity 2032 battery.
I did all you wrote even with 2032 but still the same problem

Try removing the battery and clean all contact points with alcohol. Wipe the battery too.

To OP:
What did not mean by...
"when I press the ignition button with the key."
Did you put the fob near the Start button?

If yes, then, the battery you put in is not in proper contact with the electronics.
The tiny metal pieces might need some adjustment... the metal pieces beneath the battery.
If no, then, I have no clue.

1672887840910.png

Back