2012 Mazda3 Driver Window Auto-up not working after battery change

:
Mazda 3iT 2012
I've been living with this tiny irritating problem for awhile. The first time I replaced the battery in my M3, the auto-up on the drivers window quit working, then after a couple days it magically started working again. All was fine for a few years, but earlier this year the battery started not wanting to go on cold mornings, so I put in a new one. Now on battery #3, not bad. And no surprise, the drivers auto-up quit working again. But this time it hasn't come back. Doesn't seem important enough to justify a dealer visit, but it was a nice feature when it worked. Anyone have a clue?

It just needs to be reset, look in your owner's manual for the procedure or try this:

Switch the ignition ON. Make sure that the power window lock switch located on the driver's door is not depressed. Press the switch and fully open the window. Pull up the switch to fully close the window and continue holding the switch for about 2 seconds after the window fully closed.

It just needs to be reset, look in your owner's manual for the procedure or try this:

Switch the ignition ON. Make sure that the power window lock switch located on the driver's door is not depressed. Press the switch and fully open the window. Pull up the switch to fully close the window and continue holding the switch for about 2 seconds after the window fully closed.
And there it is. Silly me, I was searching for "reset", but they called it "initialization". Or a search for "2 seconds" would have found it. Thanks a bunch!

Latest posts

Back